My Kinda New GF2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by UkrainianOne, Dec 17, 2011.

1. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    So I recieved my semi-new gf2 in the mail today, pretty happy about it, except 2 things:

1. The screen is cracked, on the inside and not out but the touch screen works fine with no issues, just looks ugly, so i was wondering if anyone on here knows a site where i can buy a replacement screen...
    the camera is clearly out of warentee and I have the tool and am willing to take the risk of opening it up, getting shocked by the flash cap, and replacing this screen myself...

2. All the menu's are Japanese and i was wondering if there is a way to make it english or a latin language or at least get subtitles... I know its kind of wierd becuase certain cameras are made for certain parts of the globe but i figured since theres so many "hacks" for this camera that there would be one for language?

Thank you all for the help in advance!

P.S. clearly bought the camera due to the cheap price.

2. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    GF2 has not been hacked. There is a hack just starting development but no guarantees it will succeed or when. If it does get hacked you might be able to change languages.

I wonder if you downloaded North American firmware from Panasonic, if the camera would accept it? Worth a shot, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks, will give it a shot

4. For translation try Google copy and paste or the translation tool.

Also this came up in Google: Translation - Ukrainian-Japanese -

>>Translation - Ukrainian-Japanese - Вступаючи в 2008
    Current status ‎Translation
    This text is available in the following languages:

Category Web-site / Blog / Forum - News / Current affairs
    Title
    Вступаючи в 2008
    Text
    Submitted by cucumis
    Source language: Ukrainian Translated by ramarren

Здоровенькі були!
    Cucumis щойно переїхав на новий сервер. А вчора нас відвідало 15 000 людей, це ж треба...

Користувачі Hotmail, якщо ви перестали отримувати повідомлення електронною поштою, скористуйтеся опціює "Змінити email", що на сторінці вашого профайлу.

Цей пост - ще одна нагода подякувати чудовому товариству cucumis.org. Якість перекладів зростає день за днем. Наразі переклади перевіряють понад 100 експертів - круто...

Також необхідно сказати, що Francky5591 та goncin - тепер супер cucu-адміністратори із супер cucu-правами. Тепер в нас не (1), не (2), а цілих (3) датських "дикуна"...<<

I understand not a word.
    From Dallas Texas.

5. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    yea i cant read ukrainian or russian and also have no clue what the hell that says but clearly firmware or lumix is not even closely mentioned...

6. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    I have a Japanese market GF2 with the Japanese-only menu as well, this can't be changed without physically removing the EEPROM and reflashing it with the international version. I just downloaded the English language manual and learned what everything did, took about 2 hours or so...

Sent from my Acer Iconia using TapaTalk...

• Like Like x 1
  7. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Ohh ok cool, thanks for clearing things up, I was looking at the .PDF of the english manual as well yesterday, however, much like the manual with the G1, there is no actual sequential outline of the menus, what helped me a little is to compare and contrast the menu on my G1, but that only went so far as the GF2 has many more movie, and other, options, if you have a link to the manual you were looking at, it would be greatlly appreciated.

8. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    • Like Like x 1
  9. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    By the way, here is a sample picture from this GF2 with a 35mm "C-mount" lens

14bq53n.

10. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    That needs to be in the Random Pictures thread. lol.

• Like Like x 1