My "heritage" stuff

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
First, sorry for the picture quality, but am a bit stoked as to finally getting the old "hoard" out from the boxes and into a proper display cupboard in the den. Better pictures of the entire thing will ensue...
20190721_162803.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First shelf is mine, this is what I ran for quite a while from the late 80s untill the middle 00 and then went off film completely. Missing here is a Pentax set-up that I sold off, and swiftly regretted so needed some other stuff, IOW the black Oly, the silver Oly was my fathers and was bought new somewhere in the early 70s. There are a difference on the flash shoes on the them, the black has three pins, the silver only one. The Rollei was the daily carry for some years, it was supplemented with the T3 and a T4, which the Little Mrs swiftly lost. The EOS in the background became the T90 I had hankerings for, but never managed to get before the EOSes was brought out. Not shown is some additional lenses for the OMs and Canon. Plain vanilla Tokinas for the OMs and a 80 -200 for the Canon, which has a 35-105 mounted.
20190721_162755.jpg

This is probablay more interesting, a Topcon RE Super bought by my maternal grandfather in 1966, two years before I was born. The Full set-up is a 35mm F;2.8, a 50mm F;1.8 and a 135mm F:2.8 along with a full macro bellows set, complete with a top-opening viewfinder and dia copier. I seem to have misplaced the 135mm for the moment, but the rest is there. In a box, I have the accompanying set of coloured filters and macro lenses. Also found the paperwork, both the manual and the price list for the Topcon shop where he got it. Having looked up the general statistics for the year of purchase, this here represents about 1/4 years pay for a customs officer. No wonder the old fellow moonlighted both as a photographer and as a bouncers in those days. Lost to time is the darkroom kit he ran, a Meopta enlarger with Paterson developer tank as well as the other sundries and some sort of variant of the Yashica 124, or the working mans Rolleiflex as he called it. I also have quite a few photography books from the 50s and 60s from him.

Just a walk down memory lane that I thought I would share. :)

Last edited:

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Trial lay-out...

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom