My Half Frame is Film

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Kind of surprised I couldn’t find a similar thread, so...
Post images from half frame cameras here -

Pen FT with 38mm f1.8 and Fujicolor 200 -

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Some beautiful photos, Mountain_Man_79. These are my favourites:

I like the contrast between the clear, yellow foreground at the bottom and the hazy, bluish background at the top.
Thanks! Interesting that there’s actually a similar rendering on those two given the different film stock. But I see what you see with both of those.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Nice. I think I prefer the Portra 400 which I didn't expect, but maybe it's just the composition I'm more drawn to?
I definitely prefer the Portra over the Fujicolor. The Fujicolor is pretty cheap stuff (also expired by years). Now comparing the Portra to Fujifilm Superia is a much more fair fight. I have no examples of the Superia off of my Pen, but the output is way better than the Fujicolor. Superia can still be found pretty affordably though in comparison to the Portra. I think I last got 5 rolls of Superia for about $20, vs a single roll of Portra for about $15. Personally, I don’t think I’ll spend money again on the Fujicolor though (about $2-$3 per roll), unless I need cheap stock to just run through a camera to see if it works correctly.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I definitely prefer the Portra over the Fujicolor. The Fujicolor is pretty cheap stuff (also expired by years). Now comparing the Portra to Fujifilm Superia is a much more fair fight. I have no examples of the Superia off of my Pen, but the output is way better than the Fujicolor. Superia can still be found pretty affordably though in comparison to the Portra. I think I last got 5 rolls of Superia for about $20, vs a single roll of Portra for about $15. Personally, I don’t think I’ll spend money again on the Fujicolor though (about $2-$3 per roll), unless I need cheap stock to just run through a camera to see if it works correctly.
I don't think I've ever used any Fuji film other than Superia and Provia, and Instax/FP100. What's the deal, BTW, with that spiral shot?

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
I was about to ask about that spiral as well. It might be my third favourite shot.

You seem to photograph a lot of the southwest and it is interesting to see at least some of them compiled into one thread. I have relatives near there but I haven't visited them since I was 10. I was planning to visit other relatives in Vietnam, but with the worsening COVID situation there, it might be better to visit California first.

Latest threads

Top Bottom