My GX8 is not well.....doctor needed, please.

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
My GX8 seems to be ill. A touch of the shutter button in anything but the custom modes will set off the video function. After a couple of seconds it then stops and reverts to a 'normal' screen, unless I touch the shutter button again. I've done everything possible except a factory re-set. Is there anything I am overlooking before I erase all my settings with a re-set? Using different batteries and different lenses has no effect.

It should be noted that the screen looks perfectly normal with no video 'symbol' before touching the shutter, except for the fact that I have the time remaining to record always in the bottom right, which never used to happen since I always set it to 'number of shots remaining' (which it still is!), and not 'time remaining'. This is curious in itself, too.

Any suggestions? Have I overlooked something terribly simple (very possible)? Thanks in advance to you all ☹️

Last edited:

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
Roddy, I suspect you will be lucky if something as simple as a reset fixes this.
Let us know how you go!
Indeed - but then maybe I shall do nothing. I don't use my custom modes much, and C1 is already set to my standard settings as a rescue mode. If I left my GX8 in C1 for the rest of its life it may well see me out! I'm loathe to reset it and then find nothing works as it should in ANY mode!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom