1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My full review of the Sigma 19mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Jman, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I've finished my full review of the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX for Micro 4/3. Hope this is helpful for those interested in this lens, especially with the crazy deals that have been going on with it.

Review: Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN @ Admiring Light

• Like Like x 12
  2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks a lot. It has been fun to read your reviews.

3. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    bookmarked! you have a great site.

where were you stationed in Germany? I was in Kaiserslautern for a few months when I was in the Reserves.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Great samples. 3-4 second start-up time on the E-M5 though? I thought that was just an issue with early models, but if it's still the case, it's a definite deal-breaker, however inexpensive the lens is.

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have read those number of times and I find myself wondering what it is such a big deal. When I shoot I just keep the camera on as opposes to turning it on and off. Even if I was pulling the camera out cold and wanting to shoot right away it takes me a few seconds to get it out and pointed in the right direction.

Am I just behind the times here?

• Like Like x 1
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Excellent review.. I think the two sigma's are overperformers in thier price point!

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I agree, I have the Sigma 30 both in m43 and NEX mounts and I think it's a terrific lens.

8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Nah - you're probably ahead. I'm used to dealing with poor battery life, so I've developed the habit of turning the camera off as soon as I get my shot, and of bringing the camera up to my eye before turning it on. Old habits die hard.

I guess on the plus side I've gotten 700+ shots out of an E-PM1 on one battery before over several days (and no continuous drive).

9. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I'm pretty sure the boot-up time is less than 2 seconds on my E-PM1.

10. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks! I was in Kaiserslautern for my whole tour. Lived in a little town to the north called Mehlbach, which is north of Otterbach. Most of my time was at Miesau Ammo depot, but I had a little time on ROB as well. I was there late 2002 to mid 2006, with a few breaks in there for deployments. You?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.