1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My full review of the Sigma 19mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Jman, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I've finished my full review of the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX for Micro 4/3. Hope this is helpful for those interested in this lens, especially with the crazy deals that have been going on with it.

Review: Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN @ Admiring Light

• Like Like x 12
  2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks a lot. It has been fun to read your reviews.

3. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    bookmarked! you have a great site.

where were you stationed in Germany? I was in Kaiserslautern for a few months when I was in the Reserves.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Great samples. 3-4 second start-up time on the E-M5 though? I thought that was just an issue with early models, but if it's still the case, it's a definite deal-breaker, however inexpensive the lens is.

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have read those number of times and I find myself wondering what it is such a big deal. When I shoot I just keep the camera on as opposes to turning it on and off. Even if I was pulling the camera out cold and wanting to shoot right away it takes me a few seconds to get it out and pointed in the right direction.

Am I just behind the times here?

• Like Like x 1
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Excellent review.. I think the two sigma's are overperformers in thier price point!

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I agree, I have the Sigma 30 both in m43 and NEX mounts and I think it's a terrific lens.

8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Nah - you're probably ahead. I'm used to dealing with poor battery life, so I've developed the habit of turning the camera off as soon as I get my shot, and of bringing the camera up to my eye before turning it on. Old habits die hard.

I guess on the plus side I've gotten 700+ shots out of an E-PM1 on one battery before over several days (and no continuous drive).

9. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I'm pretty sure the boot-up time is less than 2 seconds on my E-PM1.

10. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks! I was in Kaiserslautern for my whole tour. Lived in a little town to the north called Mehlbach, which is north of Otterbach. Most of my time was at Miesau Ammo depot, but I had a little time on ROB as well. I was there late 2002 to mid 2006, with a few breaks in there for deployments. You?