My Full GH3 Review (Admiring Light)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Jman, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I completed my full review of the GH3. I very much like the camera...most responsive camera I think I've ever used. Not quite enough to spend the extra cash and lose IBIS over my E-M5, but a truly awesome machine:
    Review: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 @ Admiring Light
    • Like Like x 5
  2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    :thumbup: Excellent job. I know they are great but I too have no reason to change from my E-M5.

I'm a little disappointed about that viewfinder being so "video centric" but the GH are so entrenched in digital video these days -- Panasonic has apparently done an excellent job of making something filmmakers can use for professional results. A cinematographer friend of mine swears by his GH2 and I can see a GH3 in his future -- especially after he gets a look in that viewfinder.
  3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Thanks for the review. Though I currently own an OM-D, I am in no way an Olympus fan boy and am very glad to see there's such a worthy competitor from Panasonic. Frankly, the only thing keeping me with Olympus right now is the IBIS. My previous camera was a GH2, and the ergonomic layout of the camera and menu system is IMHO better than that seen on Olympus bodies.