My Full Frame is Film

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
I look forward to hearing how this goes for you. I have a SRT-101 from 1975 sitting around the house.
I'm anxious to see it. Some of the reviews says they come back looking pretty spiffy. This one isn't in bad shape at all, but there is definitely some grunge that needs to be cleaned up.

In the meantime, I'm still getting some old film developed. These were made 30 +/- years ago and developed within the last month or so. Could've been a Pentax K-1000 or a Minolta Maxxum 7000, no way to know for sure. Although, one hint may be that the Konica Minolta-like base curve in Darktable likes some rolls better than others!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Rainbow by telecast, on Flickr

meerkats by telecast, on Flickr

bridge by telecast, on Flickr

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Well, the Camera is done and being shipped back today via 2-day Priority Mail. I can't believe how quickly that happened. I even emailed him and had him confirm I'm getting my camera back, not a previously rebuilt one setting on the shelf. Here's part of the invoice.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Well, here it is. 7 days exactly from the day I shipped. Sure looks nice. The meter works, no more crud in the viewfinder or chunks of foam floating around on the mirror. I'll shoot a roll this week and send it off.

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Very exciting stuff! These photos are first film from both the Pentax K-1000 I bought last winter and my dad's Minolta.

Pentax first. I can't recall which lenses, I should've made note of it.
A Cherry Blossom.
Pentax_0001 by telecast, on Flickr

The neighbor's kid
Pentax_0002 by telecast, on Flickr

A Silver Dollar plant in bloom
Pentax_0003 by telecast, on Flickr

Now the Minolta.
All three are SOOC with the lowest quality scan by the lab.

Th
e first photo is my home-built smoker. This was taken with a Vivitar 28-105 I bought off Barry. Nice lens!​
000276280014 by telecast, on Flickr

These next two were taken with the 58mm/1.2 This is an extraordinary lens. I am stunned by the clarity and color quality on both of these. Digital who?

The neighbor's Dogwood
000276280012 by telecast, on Flickr

Some of my baby pepper plants
000276280009 by telecast, on Flickr

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Nice! What film did you use? How is the Ricoh to use?
I can't quite remember what the film was, it was a Fuji 400 speed, not Superia, though it looks a lot like Superia, maybe Pro 400H? The negatives have "MPH400" and Fuji. It was an expired film, hence the graininess. I think you could get similar results from Superia 400, which is a film I really like.

The Ricoh is a lot of fun to use. It has the option to use it on manual or shutter priority by putting the aperture in auto, and the shutter is thankfully independent of electronics, so if the wiring ever goes bad it will still function, just without a light meter. As is the case with all of these small, inexpensive rangefinders, the focusing patch is pretty small and the viewfinder isn't too large or bright, but it's very usable. A pleasure to shoot with, it feels a lot like the Konica C35 that I used for a while, but more full-featured.

I have some Ilford HP5 that I'm sooner or later going to get brave enough to develop myself that's also shot on this camera.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Found some of my Dad's old B&W negs circa 1974. That's me in the stylin' jacket and plaid pants. The second is of my high school girl friend, about 1987. The last one is why you should dig out your old negatives and start scanning.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Shot on Ektar 25 (yeah, that's right) circa 1990 or so. It would appear I was dragging the shutter and using flash to try and capture a sense of motion.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing

Tame subjects, rough scans and processing, but I'm still proud because it's the first roll of film I've developed myself ;)

richardp

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Richard
A few more from the Oly Stylus infinity 140 zoom with Kodak colorplus200.....some of the sights in central Italy. UV filter would help sometimes.
000012 (2).JPG

Lake Trasimeno

000023 (2).JPG

San Marino

Cattolica on the Adriatic coast - busy or what?

000030 (1).JPG

Airshow at Cattolica.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom