My first video test: E-PL1

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Really nothing special.... I was in Maine one of that state's most well known lighthouses and the waves were particularly active. Decided to try out the video for size.

E-PL1 + 9-18mm.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u13iAZpkvbE]YouTube - Portland Head Lighthouse, Cape Elizabeth, Maine[/ame]

It was a windy day. Is there any technique in cutting down the wind noise using the internal mic?

RetroBoy

Mu-43 Regular
It was a windy day. Is there any technique in cutting down the wind noise using the internal mic?

Good question. It doesn't even have to be a windy day - any wind at all sounds like that.

I was thinking of adapting a muffle of some sort to stick over/around the mic holes...but haven't tried anything yet.

There's definately a need for some type of accessory to cut down the noise, but then you would have thought Oly (or 3rd party) would have come up with something...

Kristopher

Mu-43 Rookie
Nice stability from whatever the tripod is you're using. Thanks for sharing.

Wish I had a proven method for controlling in-camera mic noise. I've yet to try it, but a friend with an EPL-1 mentioned he will be trying two methods to kill or cut down wind noise. First he'll try a very small piece of mic foam over the holes, cut from something like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHMHVLtRBCa1_1gDWlMi1nDd2bZy0j2OL58Daiv0Wm3s2L3DVyZg.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If that doesn't fly, he will try a small piece of dead kitty, custom cut from a larger cover...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP7Mra3ObmxvSDQd5ayv40yHI0FadgIXPb2XSROvZTr28C1CM2Hg.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Either way it should be interesting to see the outcome!

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Rycote have solutions for some of the prosumer cameras, see here.

I'd have thought something similar could be cobbled together from an old cover. They are often available on ebay and could be adapted with some adhesive velcro.

Latest threads

Top Bottom