1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first Timelapse, Night over the city.

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by BosseBe, Feb 11, 2019.

• Like Like x 9
  1. gwydionjhr

gwydionjhr Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Joel
    What would you do differently next time?

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Thanks, Joel for the question, makes me think!

I must have been in P-mode with auto-ISO, because all three changes over time, shutter speed, aperture and ISO.
    As I almost always use Auto-WB, that was also most likely the case here.

For me it is hard to come up with a better way to do it, since the light level changed so much over time.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement I will gladly receive them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Going from day to night and back to day - you did a great job! I've only ever done a day or night time lapse using the same manual exposure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Killarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    I thought the video looked good, but the steps in time were too coarse. I would do the maths and work out how many exposures are needed to get 24 frames per sec over the duration of the event to get the video time duration you are seeking.

you might also want to double check that ISO does not get too high, and maybe I'd caution against auto ISO (well and auto WB too).

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.