1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first shots with GF-1

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Ducati_Don, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I was able to use my new GF-1 with the 20mm f 1.7 on a recent trip to Paris. These are my first shots with the camera. I hope you enjoy them! Don

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Great photo's there :) 

Titles like that always make me think that there should be a genuine "First shots" thread. I can't remember what mine were, but they'd probably have been of the door in front of the table I'm sitting at right now :biggrin:

3. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks! I am still trying to figure out how to attach photos much cleaner. I see from other posts that folks are able to attach photos with statements, borders, etc.

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Don,

Here's a link to a thread which offers explanation on posting images. 1st link.

As well as a thread which will take you to a desktop movie I created on how to post from Flickr, which doesn't eat up your allotted space here on MU-43. 2nd link

Also, I use Aperture 3 (Apple) and there's a free export filter (BorderFX) which allows you to place borders on the images during export.

I'm sure there are many other methods, but that's how I do it.

https://www.mu-43.com/f77/how-post-images-forum-threads-316/

https://www.mu-43.com/f77/movie-illustrating-image-embedding-flickr-8863/

Cheers, Alan

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Alan. I just bought Aperture 3 for the $79 sale Apple was advertising. I have only started playing with it. The new camera, digital photography, and aperture 3 has me a bit busy as far as my learning curve goes!!

Don

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    aaahhh ... The City of Lights. I see Hotel de Ville ... Is that Le Train Bleu? ... Gare de Lyon near Bastille? That fence is familiar ... guessing the Hotel des Invalides?

Gary

7. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Good eyes! Yes, it is Le Train Bleu, and the Hotel de Ville, the fence is on the north side of the Louvre.

I really liked the contrast with the merry go round and the gray of the Hotel de Ville, it caught my eye

Don

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Merci ... lol .. okay where is that park? It's driving me crazy.

Gary

9. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    The park is just behind Notre Dame, close to the greenhouses behind the cathedral.

10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ahhhh ... okay thanks I can sleep tonight.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
    Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.