My first shots with GF-1

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Ducati_Don, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I was able to use my new GF-1 with the 20mm f 1.7 on a recent trip to Paris. These are my first shots with the camera. I hope you enjoy them! Don

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Great photo's there :)

Titles like that always make me think that there should be a genuine "First shots" thread. I can't remember what mine were, but they'd probably have been of the door in front of the table I'm sitting at right now :biggrin:

3. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks! I am still trying to figure out how to attach photos much cleaner. I see from other posts that folks are able to attach photos with statements, borders, etc.

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Don,

Here's a link to a thread which offers explanation on posting images. 1st link.

As well as a thread which will take you to a desktop movie I created on how to post from Flickr, which doesn't eat up your allotted space here on MU-43. 2nd link

Also, I use Aperture 3 (Apple) and there's a free export filter (BorderFX) which allows you to place borders on the images during export.

I'm sure there are many other methods, but that's how I do it.

https://www.mu-43.com/f77/how-post-images-forum-threads-316/

https://www.mu-43.com/f77/movie-illustrating-image-embedding-flickr-8863/

Cheers, Alan

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Alan. I just bought Aperture 3 for the $79 sale Apple was advertising. I have only started playing with it. The new camera, digital photography, and aperture 3 has me a bit busy as far as my learning curve goes!!

Don

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    aaahhh ... The City of Lights. I see Hotel de Ville ... Is that Le Train Bleu? ... Gare de Lyon near Bastille? That fence is familiar ... guessing the Hotel des Invalides?

Gary

7. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Good eyes! Yes, it is Le Train Bleu, and the Hotel de Ville, the fence is on the north side of the Louvre.

I really liked the contrast with the merry go round and the gray of the Hotel de Ville, it caught my eye

Don

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Merci ... lol .. okay where is that park? It's driving me crazy.

Gary

9. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    The park is just behind Notre Dame, close to the greenhouses behind the cathedral.

10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ahhhh ... okay thanks I can sleep tonight.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
    Gary