My first real outing with the OMD-EM1 (pic heavy)

Sootchucker

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all, I made a post a week or two back saying I wasn't really bonding with my EM1, and much preferred my GX7. The general response seemed to be that I hadn't given it long enough, or needed to customize it for my style of shooting. We'll last week I went hiking in the mountains of Snowdonia National Park, here in Wales in the UK. I took my EM1 and the GX7 with just the Olympus 12-40 F2.8 Pro and 9-18 Wide angle zoom lenses. I took a tripod as usual, but decided to take a gamble and leave it in the car. I have to say the Olympus IBIS is stunning and allowed me to shoot at much slower speeds hand held, than I would ever dream of with my D800 (in fact I wouldn't even shoot landscapes hand held with the D800). It was very liberating to say the least.

I have to say, despite the overcast weather, the Em1 did pretty well I think. Would welcome comments please ?

14327143522_95d51cb4a8_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

14142229139_616b5af468_o.jpg

14142162718_2b58d2ffd5_o.jpg

14142371387_3c23e49d08_o.jpg

14142182908_578f28730a_o.jpg

14325566061_284808f0b2_o.jpg

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Wonderful shots. I guess this means the EM1 will be staying in your bag?

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all, I made a post a week or two back saying I wasn't really bonding with my EM1, and much preferred my GX7. The general response seemed to be that I hadn't given it long enough, or needed to customize it for my style of shooting. We'll last week I went hiking in the mountains of Snowdonia National Park, here in Wales in the UK. I took my EM1 and the GX7 with just the Olympus 12-40 F2.8 Pro and 9-18 Wide angle zoom lenses. I took a tripod as usual, but decided to take a gamble and leave it in the car. I have to say the Olympus IBIS is stunning and allowed me to shoot at much slower speeds hand held, than I would ever dream of with my D800 (in fact I wouldn't even shoot landscapes hand held with the D800). It was very liberating to say the least.

I have to say, despite the overcast weather, the Em1 did pretty well I think. Would welcome comments please ?

Most of your images look like you used a graduated neutral density filter on the sky.

Sootchucker

Mu-43 Veteran
To be fair I did, as the contrast range was so great, in my initial shots the sky just blew out to complete white. I know the grad cutting through trees and mountains isn't the best, but to be honest, I preferred that to the pure white skies.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Beautiful scenery and compositions. I actually think that the overcast weather probably helped bring out the colors - especially the greens. Personally, I'd probably dial up the exposure a bit in the first couple of shots, but not everybody subscribes to the same aesthetics!

Ger.mcg

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ger
Beautiful scenery and nicely captured. I had a look on flickr and they look even better there. The weather conditions seem to be similar to what we get a lot of the time in the Irish mountains. I can't comment on the usability of the EM1 as a camera but I'm sure it's got to be easier to carry on a hike than a D800.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom