1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first post. My daugther Palo

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Enrique, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    This is my first post here, she is my daughter Palo. I hope you like it

View attachment 141273

EP1 OM 50mm 1.8. Aperture priority mode. Processed with PSE.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks for sharing Enrique, people say that 4/3rds sensor cams lack shallow depth of field - but for head and shoulder type portraits, a 40+mm fast prime lens is all you need!

I'm going to dig out my Hexanon 40mm f1.8 pancake lens for some portrait fun :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice Enrique. Did you use the black and white setting on the camera or edit it later?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Agree with you Brian, I don´t need more bookeh, and deep of field for me is ok. I´ll wait for your portraits

5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Hi Iconindustries, I processed in colour with PSE and them I usually prefer To use the BW conversión and profiles. I just choose I profile and modify the levels of red, green , blue and contrast .

6. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Beautiful portrait. My daughter is my favorite subject as well. My wife puts up with being a model "sometimes", but Nikki still loves it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Enrique, welcome... Great shot.. I think the m4/3 system is perfect for portraits.. enough DoF

8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you Brian S. I like portraits. My daughter, my wife and my doggy-daughter are my favourite subjetcs also¡¡

9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you very much for your comments and wellcome, ahuyevshi

10. jesito

jesito Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2010
    Sitges (Spain)
    Like this shot!.
    You're a lucky man. My daughters are very elusive when I try to shot them...
    So you're using manual focusing lenses on your EP-1?.
    I got some adapters for my G1 and I'm curently trying some M42 lenses (including a bellows), and some Tamron Adaptall-2.
    The Konica Hexanon AR series are a must as Brian pointed out.

Jes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Lovely shot Enrique.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Hi Jesito, Thanks for your comments. I usually shoot my daughter, but as they grow old, everytime is more difficult¡: Ye I have an OM adaptor, and the manual focus work nicely with EP1.

13. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you Bullfrog¡¡

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

There is nothing quite like having a really nice photograph of one's child, no matter at what stage of their life. And I think it's especially wonderful if you actually take the photograph yourself.

Thank you Enrique for this. I hope to capture my own daughter with my new E-P2, when I get to see her again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you BB. You are right. I have an huge collections of pic of my daughters at all ages. I ave to recognice that I enjoy shooting them and feel very proud of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.