1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My first post. My daugther Palo

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Enrique, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    This is my first post here, she is my daughter Palo. I hope you like it

EP1 OM 50mm 1.8. Aperture priority mode. Processed with PSE.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks for sharing Enrique, people say that 4/3rds sensor cams lack shallow depth of field - but for head and shoulder type portraits, a 40+mm fast prime lens is all you need!

I'm going to dig out my Hexanon 40mm f1.8 pancake lens for some portrait fun :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice Enrique. Did you use the black and white setting on the camera or edit it later?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Agree with you Brian, I don´t need more bookeh, and deep of field for me is ok. I´ll wait for your portraits

5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Hi Iconindustries, I processed in colour with PSE and them I usually prefer To use the BW conversión and profiles. I just choose I profile and modify the levels of red, green , blue and contrast .

6. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Beautiful portrait. My daughter is my favorite subject as well. My wife puts up with being a model "sometimes", but Nikki still loves it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Enrique, welcome... Great shot.. I think the m4/3 system is perfect for portraits.. enough DoF

8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you Brian S. I like portraits. My daughter, my wife and my doggy-daughter are my favourite subjetcs also¡¡

9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you very much for your comments and wellcome, ahuyevshi

10. jesito

jesito Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2010
    Sitges (Spain)
    Like this shot!.
    You're a lucky man. My daughters are very elusive when I try to shot them...
    So you're using manual focusing lenses on your EP-1?.
    I got some adapters for my G1 and I'm curently trying some M42 lenses (including a bellows), and some Tamron Adaptall-2.
    The Konica Hexanon AR series are a must as Brian pointed out.

Jes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Lovely shot Enrique.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Hi Jesito, Thanks for your comments. I usually shoot my daughter, but as they grow old, everytime is more difficult¡: Ye I have an OM adaptor, and the manual focus work nicely with EP1.

13. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you Bullfrog¡¡

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

There is nothing quite like having a really nice photograph of one's child, no matter at what stage of their life. And I think it's especially wonderful if you actually take the photograph yourself.

Thank you Enrique for this. I hope to capture my own daughter with my new E-P2, when I get to see her again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Thank you BB. You are right. I have an huge collections of pic of my daughters at all ages. I ave to recognice that I enjoy shooting them and feel very proud of them.