My first post. My daugther Palo

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks for sharing Enrique, people say that 4/3rds sensor cams lack shallow depth of field - but for head and shoulder type portraits, a 40+mm fast prime lens is all you need!

I'm going to dig out my Hexanon 40mm f1.8 pancake lens for some portrait fun :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Agree with you Brian, I don´t need more bookeh, and deep of field for me is ok. I´ll wait for your portraits

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Iconindustries, I processed in colour with PSE and them I usually prefer To use the BW conversión and profiles. I just choose I profile and modify the levels of red, green , blue and contrast .

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Beautiful portrait. My daughter is my favorite subject as well. My wife puts up with being a model "sometimes", but Nikki still loves it.

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you Brian S. I like portraits. My daughter, my wife and my doggy-daughter are my favourite subjetcs also¡¡

jesito

Mu-43 Rookie
Like this shot!.
You're a lucky man. My daughters are very elusive when I try to shot them...
So you're using manual focusing lenses on your EP-1?.
I got some adapters for my G1 and I'm curently trying some M42 lenses (including a bellows), and some Tamron Adaptall-2.
The Konica Hexanon AR series are a must as Brian pointed out.

Jes.

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Jesito, Thanks for your comments. I usually shoot my daughter, but as they grow old, everytime is more difficult¡: Ye I have an OM adaptor, and the manual focus work nicely with EP1.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
There is nothing quite like having a really nice photograph of one's child, no matter at what stage of their life. And I think it's especially wonderful if you actually take the photograph yourself.

Thank you Enrique for this. I hope to capture my own daughter with my new E-P2, when I get to see her again.

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you BB. You are right. I have an huge collections of pic of my daughters at all ages. I ave to recognice that I enjoy shooting them and feel very proud of them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom