1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My first pictures with my G1!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by UkrainianOne, Aug 4, 2011.

1. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Bare with me, ive never used these types of cameras so the pictures are blurry becuase my lenses are full manual focus, i dont know much about the camera or the lenses, im working on getting more knowledge through a buddy and hopefully through here and trial and error, that being said:

This was shot with my Soligor 28mm what f setting i dont know but i chose the best 3 pictures out of the 80 pics i took! I was taking these on the "A" setting on the G1, i tried other settings but they were blurrier/fuzzier, also it was suggested i put ISO on auto, and i have no clue how to do that so yea... :eek:

P1000170.JPG: thumb_11038.

P1000162.JPG: thumb_11039.

P1000167.JPG: thumb_11040.

• Like Like x 3
  2. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Im a Quick Learner

P1000247.JPG: thumb_11047.

Same lens, but outdoors :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Well, the hosting site is aptly named "big upload", and those are some big files!

Keep working on it, you're making progress!

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  4. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Thank you Alan,

I figured "how hard can it be to manually focus a lens" well, not so bad with the smaller 28mm soligor one although i constantly had to keep in mind where the sun was shining from and hold my hand steady enough so it doesnt blurr when i snapped it, but then i tried to use the 90-230 mm beast of a soligar lens and that thing has more ring adjustments than a pawn shop and its also mounted on a tripod becuase its so damn heavy, im looking foward to learn new things about lenses and my camera as i go, but from what i can tell, its gunna be a long and bumpy road...

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    You might want to resize the images to something smaller, e,g, 800 pixels in the long direction. It makes it easier for us to take a look.

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi,

Stick to the 28 for awhile. The 90-230 isn't going to be too much fun for a beginner. The 28 gives you a nice 56mm FL on an µ43 body.

In whatever application you use for importing your images, take a look at the file export settings. Try to "constrain" your images to a maximum of not more than 1024 px.

But truly, stick to the 28 for awhile, you'll see progress much more quickly.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  7. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Yea the telescopic beast is too much for me to handle, both physically and photographically. I imported the pictures via HP Default upload, on my desktop however i do have to software the G1 came with and set it so that when i put a SD card in, it auto loads it with the software, however, i have not yet figured out how to shirk pictures to the size where i can peacefully upload them onto here or my galery.

I deff appreciate your support and knowledge Alan, I will be taking your advice in the days to come and use the 28mm soligor i have. I am really having a great time with the lens becuase it only has two rings to mess with, one with the light setting and one with the actual focus which makes it easy for someone like me who doesnt know much... i figure i start with the manual focus lenses to learn on first since they are the hardest as i can tell, and once i get good at this then i would feel comfortable buying an expensive auto native lens for myself.

Again, thank you very much!

8. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Taken Today W/Soligor 28mm f= three clicks to the left

Perrrrfecting my sharpness!

php5AExksPM.

phpVq9PLwPM.

phpecBlzzPM.