My first Olympus OM-D EM-5 photos taken with the m.Zuiko 12-50

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ramirez, May 16, 2013.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    SOOC, no editing at all. Resized. I don´t know this camera well yet. But me and my little OM-D had a great time in the sun out in the nature on the country side.
    This was my really first pictures with the OM-D. I got a feeling that this little camera is going to be my "out in the wild" camera :)

Attached Files:

2. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    And the rest...

Some more from my little photo walk...

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Mate

Congrats on ur OMD .. tell us how do u like it?
    cheers
    Bhupinder

4. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Congrats on your maiden outing, enjoy.

5. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Thank you! I like the OM-D very very much :) Been shooting with it, that´s why this answer comes so late...

I love that fast AF... At first when Fujifilm announced it's telephoto zoom, the Fujinon XF 55-200, I thought of buying it... But it is so expensive. And the AF on the Fujis aren't as fast as on the OM-D. So, now I think I just buy a cheap m.Zuiko 40-150 and use that on the OM-D for my tele shooting :)

I am just starting to get to know this camera. So I have a lot to learn but I feel that this camera and system now is a keeper :)

6. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    tetzu
    congrats! happy shooting. I want one hopefully in 2 yrs it drops it's price in half :D

7. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Another thing that comes to mind is the IBIS of course :)

I've read a lot about the 5-axis IBIS and now I've finally got the chance to try it out on my new OM-D!

I love it... I can have low shutter speeds and get great images without blur... And the ISO can be kept lower... I love the 5-axis IBIS!

8. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Interesting that most of your photos are either at 12 or 50 mm.
    I find that pretty common among zoom users, myself included...
    Rudy

9. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Well, I usually use primes, with my Fuji cameras; 35 (50eq.) on my X-E1 and 35 eq. with my X100s. So maybe I'm used to think in two focal lengths... So with the m.Zuiko - 12 and 50 it is :) My two focal lengths.

10. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    my first macro photos with the m.Zuiko 12-50 and OM-D

I finally found out how to switch on the macro function on the m.Zuiko 12-50 lens. These are my first attempt for macro photography with this lens. I probably should have chosen a smaller aperture as these images aren't sharp all over (the subject). But nonetheless, I upload these first macro shots with this lens :)

I'm actually enjoying this lens as it has so many functions; weather sealed, decent focal range, macro, video zoom functions, configurable button etc. It gives a decent IQ as well (off course not to prime standards). Quite a good little lens.

Ok. On to the photos.

11. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    It's typical of zoom users like me. Zoom is for extremes so wide end or long end; that's it for me. Very rarely in between focal lengths. I wonder why?:confused:

12. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Congrats on your new camera.

13. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Can't wait to see more of your work! Well done!

14. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    In macro mode, the aperture of the 12-50 is fixed.

Lovely pictures. Glad you're enjoying your new toy :D

15. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    In macro mode the *focal length* of the lens is fixed at 43 mm. The widest aperture in macro is 6.0 but is still freely settable to stop it down further.

Rudy

16. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    Ooh, didn't know that :)