My first Olympus OM-D EM-5 photos taken with the m.Zuiko 12-50

Ramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
SOOC, no editing at all. Resized. I don´t know this camera well yet. But me and my little OM-D had a great time in the sun out in the nature on the country side.
This was my really first pictures with the OM-D. I got a feeling that this little camera is going to be my "out in the wild" camera :)

Attachments

• P5160018.jpg
    P5160018.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 547

Ramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Mate

Congrats on ur OMD .. tell us how do u like it?
cheers
Bhupinder

Thank you! I like the OM-D very very much :) Been shooting with it, that´s why this answer comes so late...

I love that fast AF... At first when Fujifilm announced it's telephoto zoom, the Fujinon XF 55-200, I thought of buying it... But it is so expensive. And the AF on the Fujis aren't as fast as on the OM-D. So, now I think I just buy a cheap m.Zuiko 40-150 and use that on the OM-D for my tele shooting :)

I am just starting to get to know this camera. So I have a lot to learn but I feel that this camera and system now is a keeper :)

tetzumaru

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
tetzu
congrats! happy shooting. I want one hopefully in 2 yrs it drops it's price in half :D

Ramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Another thing that comes to mind is the IBIS of course :)

I've read a lot about the 5-axis IBIS and now I've finally got the chance to try it out on my new OM-D!

I love it... I can have low shutter speeds and get great images without blur... And the ISO can be kept lower... I love the 5-axis IBIS!

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Interesting that most of your photos are either at 12 or 50 mm.
I find that pretty common among zoom users, myself included...
Rudy

Ramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Rudy

Well, I usually use primes, with my Fuji cameras; 35 (50eq.) on my X-E1 and 35 eq. with my X100s. So maybe I'm used to think in two focal lengths... So with the m.Zuiko - 12 and 50 it is :) My two focal lengths.

Ramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
my first macro photos with the m.Zuiko 12-50 and OM-D

I finally found out how to switch on the macro function on the m.Zuiko 12-50 lens. These are my first attempt for macro photography with this lens. I probably should have chosen a smaller aperture as these images aren't sharp all over (the subject). But nonetheless, I upload these first macro shots with this lens :)

I'm actually enjoying this lens as it has so many functions; weather sealed, decent focal range, macro, video zoom functions, configurable button etc. It gives a decent IQ as well (off course not to prime standards). Quite a good little lens.

Ok. On to the photos.

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Rudy

It's typical of zoom users like me. Zoom is for extremes so wide end or long end; that's it for me. Very rarely in between focal lengths. I wonder why?:confused:

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thank you! I like the OM-D very very much :) Been shooting with it, that´s why this answer comes so late...

I love that fast AF... At first when Fujifilm announced it's telephoto zoom, the Fujinon XF 55-200, I thought of buying it... But it is so expensive. And the AF on the Fujis aren't as fast as on the OM-D. So, now I think I just buy a cheap m.Zuiko 40-150 and use that on the OM-D for my tele shooting :)

I am just starting to get to know this camera. So I have a lot to learn but I feel that this camera and system now is a keeper :)

Congrats on your new camera.

Wizard Steve

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Ricketts
I finally found out how to switch on the macro function on the m.Zuiko 12-50 lens. These are my first attempt for macro photography with this lens. I probably should have chosen a smaller aperture...
In macro mode, the aperture of the 12-50 is fixed.

Lovely pictures. Glad you're enjoying your new toy :D

Rudy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In macro mode, the aperture of the 12-50 is fixed.

Lovely pictures. Glad you're enjoying your new toy :D

In macro mode the *focal length* of the lens is fixed at 43 mm. The widest aperture in macro is 6.0 but is still freely settable to stop it down further.

Rudy

Latest threads

Top Bottom