1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My First Micro 4/3 Images

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by peterbee, Nov 22, 2011.

1. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    My E-P3 arrived a couple of weeks ago and because the weather has been so poor around here I wasn't able to get out with it to shoot any images until last weekend when I managed to go into Holmfirth which is a 10 minute drive from where I live.

For those who don't know, Holmfirth was the location for a long running (29 years!) UK TV series Last Of The Summer Wine.

These images are a mixed bag as I was just getting the feel of the camera, so they are really no more than a collection of "pot boilers".

Please feel free to comment on the images and thanks to all for taking the time to look

Firstly, 2 mono shots:

#01 Cobbles
    6362099197_bbf06df755_o.
    Cobbles by peterbeee, on Flickr

#02 Been Shopping
    6363488087_cf5692546e_b.
    Been Shopping by peterbeee, on Flickr

And now a couple of fun shots of signs which will form part of a collection I'm working on

#03 Action
    6363615387_4d38a4fa6d_b.
    Action! by peterbeee, on Flickr

#04 The Artist
    6369844631_26de0e65f4_b.
    Artist by peterbeee, on Flickr

And finally, 2 stylised images of shops/cafes in the town

05 The Wrinkled Stocking
    [​IMG]
    Wrinkled Stocking by peterbeee, on Flickr

#06 Briggs & Oliver
    6375671495_f290d932b6_b.
    Briggs & Oliver by peterbeee, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I absolutely love the black and white shots! I one of my camera's is constantly on B&W lol. That picture of Briggs and Oliver is great too! I love the feel and texture of that picture! Good job! Hope to see more :D and welcome to the M4/3 format :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Thanks - I find I'm shooting more and more mono myself, too. The originals are RAW files converted in Nik Silver Efex (brilliant plug-in!).

Briggs & Oliver was tweaked in Topaz Adjust 5 which has jus been released and a major improvement on V4

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Great stuff, thanks for posting. I really like cobblestones shots... great lines and texture.

• Like Like x 1
  5. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Thanks, Kyle.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice, love the b&w and also the last two.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And now, the addiction has started....:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Great shots, I've had my ep3 only a few weeks and aside from the autumn shots think most of mine end up going through silver efex!

9. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    I hope you're enjoying the E-P3 as much as I am. My problem at present is that I'm so busy with other photo projects that I can't seem to match good lighting conditions with occasions when I've an hour or two to go shoot some images! No doubt that will change but at present it's very frustrating!

Hey-ho, I guess everything comes to he who waits.

10. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Peter, I am in the same boat. Can't complain really, have a few portrait sessions booked in for November around a full time job and two children.. :smile:

My next task is to install the olympus software and shoot a few RAW to really see what this camera can do. I don't want to mess up upgrading Lightroom until my year's paid shooting is done in a few weeks, call me paranoid!

11. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    I know what you mean about upgrading Lightroom. I currently use CS4 - I've downloaded the Adobe DNG Converter to convert the Olympus Raw files to DNG format - it works well and is a fairly quick addition to my workflow.

I had intended to wait for CS6 and then upgrade from CS4, but Adobe's recent announcement that they will only allow upgrades to CS6 from CS5 has "thrown a spanner in the works"! I've still not decided what to do yet.:confused::confused: