1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My first Legacy

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Dewi, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    Dewi
    Bought my very first legacy lens from E.Bay last night, a Pentax M 50mm 1.7. I've been looking at these for a few days and most people who have them seem to give good reviews. The IQ looks quite good from what I've seen. Guy had it listed under the wrong heading so there were very few bids on it and it became mine for the princely sum of £15. Hopefully it'll be as good as he says it is but I'm not building up any hopes as it looks a tad tattier in his photos than his description would suggest. To be honest I just chucked the £15 bid on it at the last minute, not really expecting to get it.

I Ordered a decent (ish) Pk - M4/3 adaptor as well. What's with these Chinese sellers that say the item is in the UK but when you look at the seller's address it's always China? Not that I've anything against China but last time I bought something from there it took over a month to arrive. Paid a bit more and got one which looks different to the usual ones - a bit more substantial but probabyl still made in the far east - from a UK based guy, should be here tomorrow.

Exciting times :smile:

2. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Sounds great, as long as the lens is K-mount like the adapter and not Pentax's older M42 screw mount. Legacy lenses are fun to use and fun to acquire.

3. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    Dewi
    Yep, PK mount ordered, quite looking forward to gettng back to basics - it's a long time since I did manual focusing back in my film days. i had a go this morning with the Canon and a 300mm lens, shooting some birds on the bird table in the garden. They've not put in much of an appearance today apart from a couple of sparrows and a rather large pigeon, it is raining here though