1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My first "Holy Grail" Time Lapse : Sunset over the Ohio Turnpike

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by faithblinded, Oct 18, 2015.

1. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    This is my very first attempt at assembling a so-called "holy grail" time lapse, from day to night(or vice versa). I used a location I know well, and shot this one with my wired intervalometer, not the internal one. I used aperture priority, a 4 second interval, and ramped ISO by hand throughout the sunset. I should have used a longer interval. The 4 second limit pushed me into a corner and I was on higher ISO than I liked by the end, or with too long of an exposure. As a consequence, I missed some alternating frames towards the end, and it appears to speed up. Still I'm happy I mostly pulled it off, and now have the necessary skills to shoot and assemble this type of work.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JoFT

JoFT Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Johannes
    Nicely done... Have you ever used LRtimelapse??

3. faithblinded

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    I haven't used it yet. It's certainly on my radar, and once I have got more comfortable shooting these sequences, I will purchase it, to have more control and finesse over my results. For now, I am assembling in Premiere, which works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    How did you do the pan w/timelapse?

5. faithblinded

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    Well my output was only 1080p. The source file is 16 megapixels. That gives you alot of room in post processing to zoom, pan, and give a stationary shot a little more interest than it might otherwise have. I hope to eventually add some real 3 axis motion to my time lapses, but for now I'm still working on learning the ins and outs of getting a series shot and assembled successfully.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Great job and patience

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. faithblinded

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    Oops I answered but didnt tell you how i did it specifically. I add the series of images to premiere at full resolution. Then I add the series to a 1080p timeline, and use effects to control zoom level and pan/tilt within the 16 megapixel frame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Hmmm!

9. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Great job, but what really blows me away is the time and patience to accomplish that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Very nice. Boy, you folks drive fast in Ohio.

• Like Like x 2