Featured My first footballmatch.

Discussion in 'Sports and Action' started by GRID, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I had a opportunity to take photos in the national league derby last weekend between AIK and DIF, I used the 300mm F4 and 40-150mm F2.8 and it was more fun than I thought it would be sine I dont really enjoy looking at it on tv :) 

AIKvsDIF_01_.

AIKvsDIF_02_.

AIKvsDIF_03_.

AIKvsDIF_04_.

Headbut!
    AIKvsDIF_05_.

DIF crowd.
    AIKvsDIF_06_.

AIK crowd.
    AIKvsDIF_07_.

AIK was the winners.
    AIKvsDIF_22_.

• Winner Winner x 27
    • Like Like x 26
  2. emotion, anticipation, timing... for not liking the sport, you've captured those very well indeed! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    I never, ever watch sport events, but these pics are very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 18, 2015
    These are impressive. They have everything a good sports picture needs. Were you shooting from the stands or did you get access to the sidelines some way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Good stuff, you did a great job of capturing a lot of the emotion in the players faces, which is what I love in sports images.

Personally, I feel that the images lack a bit of contrast (looks like the shadows were pushed up, making image look flat), and the skin tones look a bit green (may be the way the images were edited, or could be due to the reflection of the pitch).

The backgrounds are better than I thought they would be from a DoF perspective, offering good subject isolation, but image #5 exhibits that characteristic "busy" bokeh look with the specular highlights (I'm guessing that was shot with the 40-150). Not much can be done about that though, as that's just a characteristic of the lens.

Hard to complain with the results though for your first time shooting a match. Also, I'm surprised to see they allowed fire/flares in the stands. A recipe for disaster IMO. Looks like a good time though!

8. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011

Thx, I tryed pushing the images alittle to diffrentiate them from the "normal" images, i know it´s not for everyones taste, but i like it :) 
    The flares are not allowed i think, but i didnt see anyone being taken away for using them.

9. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I got access to the sidelines, i contaced one of the teams and they must have like the other sportimages i ve been taking :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 18, 2015
    With what you've been posting before, that doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    There some money shots in there! Could not say it better than @pondball@pondball did.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.