Featured My first footballmatch.

Discussion in 'Sports and Action' started by GRID, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I had a opportunity to take photos in the national league derby last weekend between AIK and DIF, I used the 300mm F4 and 40-150mm F2.8 and it was more fun than I thought it would be sine I dont really enjoy looking at it on tv :)

AIKvsDIF_01_.jpg

AIKvsDIF_02_.jpg

AIKvsDIF_03_.jpg

AIKvsDIF_04_.jpg

Headbut!
    AIKvsDIF_05_.jpg

DIF crowd.
    AIKvsDIF_06_.jpg

AIK crowd.
    AIKvsDIF_07_.jpg

AIK was the winners.
    AIKvsDIF_22_.jpg

• Winner Winner x 27
    • Like Like x 25
  2. emotion, anticipation, timing... for not liking the sport, you've captured those very well indeed! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    I never, ever watch sport events, but these pics are very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 18, 2015
    These are impressive. They have everything a good sports picture needs. Were you shooting from the stands or did you get access to the sidelines some way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Good stuff, you did a great job of capturing a lot of the emotion in the players faces, which is what I love in sports images.

Personally, I feel that the images lack a bit of contrast (looks like the shadows were pushed up, making image look flat), and the skin tones look a bit green (may be the way the images were edited, or could be due to the reflection of the pitch).

The backgrounds are better than I thought they would be from a DoF perspective, offering good subject isolation, but image #5 exhibits that characteristic "busy" bokeh look with the specular highlights (I'm guessing that was shot with the 40-150). Not much can be done about that though, as that's just a characteristic of the lens.

Hard to complain with the results though for your first time shooting a match. Also, I'm surprised to see they allowed fire/flares in the stands. A recipe for disaster IMO. Looks like a good time though!

8. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011

Thx, I tryed pushing the images alittle to diffrentiate them from the "normal" images, i know it´s not for everyones taste, but i like it :)
    The flares are not allowed i think, but i didnt see anyone being taken away for using them.

9. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I got access to the sidelines, i contaced one of the teams and they must have like the other sportimages i ve been taking :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 18, 2015
    With what you've been posting before, that doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    There some money shots in there! Could not say it better than @pondball@pondball did.

• Like Like x 1