My First Few Shots With Lumix GH2

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Behind The Camera. But home is in Montreal.
I have the camera in black now. It is a beauty, let me tell you. Anoyone who doesn't like this camera I will have serious questions "WHY?"

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To read the Blog post about it please visit the link below.

My Photo Ramblings: My First Shoot With Panasonic Lumix GH2

Cheers,

Hera

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
100mm-300mm Lumix HD lens.

here is the unedited version (out of the camera jpg, just re-sized)

Those are great! Which lens did you shoot the butterfly with?

Thanks,
Zach

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I now own 14mm-145mm, 100mm-300mm and 20mm f/1.7 just in case scenarios. I also have an old world Pentax macro lens with adaptor.

The castus was shot with 14-145mm lens.

I sold all my other Lumix lenses. My G1 was sold before even my GH2 arrived, the buyer is getting the G1 and its kit lens, an extra battery and an Hoya infrared filter for $500.00 Canadian dollars this Sunday.

PS: to him I think deep down he is buying a dream, just the fact that it was my camera. hahaha

Nooo, I didn't expect that, damn you for making me want that lens now! I was convinced I could live without it :)

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
In what ways do you find the GH2 an improvement compared to G1 ? I am thinking about upgrading and am particularly interested in focus speed and accuracy, and noise at ISO 1600 and above ( both poor on the G1).

zpierce

Super Moderator
Real Name
Zach
In what ways do you find the GH2 an improvement compared to G1 ? I am thinking about upgrading and am particularly interested in focus speed and accuracy, and noise at ISO 1600 and above ( both poor on the G1).
I upgraded from a G1. I thought the focus speed was pretty fast on the G1, but it's extremely fast on the GH2, provided you're using it with one of the fast focusing lenses. (14-140, 14-45 for example). The noise is stellar, ISO 800 on the G1 = ISO 3200 on the GH2. Even at 3200, it might be a little better than the G1 at 800. The ISO performance was my main reason for upgrading and it delivered.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
impressive shots Hera. Wonderful camera.

For those wondering about high ISO performance, this image was snapped at a party, window light behind the subject, center of the house (no windows) behind me. GH2, 14-140 lens. And get this, lens was at full 140 extension (280mm equiv.) and shot HAND HELD AT 1/15 sec! Not a fluke as this lens delivers crisp images at 1/15 hand held at 140mm reliably! This was also shot at ISO 2500.

First up, straight out of camera, RAW, no processing other than conversion and slight crop:

Next up, same as above, but just a slight amount of NR applied:

I think this is an amazing camera and the 14-140 is an amazing lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom