my first experience with legacy glass :)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pcake, Feb 28, 2012.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    my husband used to shoot film, but for years now his cameras (all canons) and lenses have lay unused in a drawer. then recently i started reading more posts on this forum, and i also starting wanting some faster lenses than i currently own. so after reading some reviews, i picked up a couple adapters off amazon - one for my canon 50mm 1/8 and the other an FD adapter for my husband's old lenses.

not really sure what i was expecting. not much, though, as everyone says that the adapters will impact on quality. well, i hooked up the FG to micro 4/3 adapter to my husband's 50mm 1.8 (which was a bit fiddly), set my gf1 to shoot without lens and got a couple dark pics. turned out that the aperture had been at 3.6, so arie put it on the camera and opened it up. then i put it back and things improved a lot. but not as much as when i put on his old 50mm 1.4. wow!

not only did that 1.4 aperture give me exactly what i was seeing in the room, but it was actually quite sharp. the pics - all shot in medium dim room light - came out great, although i had to either raise the ISO or slow the shutter speed to shoot handheld. still, i'm a happy camper with a drawer full of lenses to play with :) 

thanks to this entire section of the forum!

• Like Like x 2
  2. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Let's see the photos :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.