My first E-P1 video - Cardist - Refresh

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by SimplyEd, Feb 20, 2010.

1. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    I have my oly e-p1 for about two weeks now and my brother has been forcing me to do some card videos. Well, I kinda like video videography.... its like photography.... all about light...

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iK1SlDumW8w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iK1SlDumW8w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

"Is this the right way how to post a video here?"

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I think you did a great job - you certainly have magically fast hands! I also really liked the way you ended the film. Your brother was right to encourage you!

As far as I know the way you've linked your video is just fine.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

By the way, Anonymous I don't know if you've ever gotten the official unofficial "Welcome" but we're glad to have you.:smile:

4. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    Thanks. After getting the e-p1, we actually thought of joining the cardist contest this coming august.... We just need some practice... Anyway, the cardist is my bro.. Im just the videogrpaher and photographer... The oly e-p1 is darn great lil camera.... and it made my family really happy...

Thanks BBW. Im happy to be part of the community.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Anonymous,

that's one of the best video's I've seen from the Olympus Pen so far - you did a fantastic job. :hail:

Unfortunately, 'Anonymous' has to be the worst choice of moniker for a community forum I can imagine! :rofl:

'cardistbro' would have been a much cooler name :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll share more of your work and any tips you can share on your videography! :drinks:

Cheers

Brian

p.s. you can paste the 'embed' code directly from youtube into your posts here... just cut out the initial code :
    < width="853" height="505">

6. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    great little video

I have a couple of suggestions

1) Switch off autofocus - but i guess you have realised this
    2) I would have started with the card in the grass and ended with the sunset - giving the idea that he played with the cards all day. I would have started with single card tricks and built up to more complex ones.

Just a thought - video is about telling a story however simple

keep up the good work

Kevin

• Like Like x 4
  7. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    Hi brian.. yes.. I'll change my name... Still thinkin what should it be.. I'll PM you later.

I am still experimenting with my e-p1 and so far this lil camera always amaze me. However, been thinking of doing some strobist thing. Do you think a flash trigger will work with e-p1?.. been searching the web and never found a reliable answer.. Im planning to buy the pocket wizard II plus.

Yep. Autofocus is always turned off when I shoot videos (my AF is not the shutter button.. its the AEL/AFL button).. However, I like the effect when you use the autofocus.. its like matrix... regarding your comment number 2.. your right... I think it would be better if the sunset is the ending...

Thanks for the comments...

Will post more soon.... (sorry if my english is not that good).

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Your English is excellent! :thumbup:

Yes, PM me whenever & we'll sort out your moniker :wink:

Cheers

Brian