1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first composite

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by robbie36, Mar 28, 2014.

1. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    • Like Like x 8
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nicely done!

• Like Like x 1
  3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Wow - how long did that take you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

It's over processed - for my tastes...

However, it is quite awesome anyway, and looks like it should be a movie poster...

Z...

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very nice! It has an grunge-steampunk feel to it.

One of the hardest things about mixing various elements into one is getting them to look like one and not pieces. I did notice a shadow missing for the red cylinder thing on the right side.

• Like Like x 1
  6. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    It took me a very long time! Probably 20 hours editing in total (the Photoshop file was over 3GB.) There are a number of reasons it took me so long.
    1. I am not exactly fluent in PS - my guess is that someone decent at PS could do it in 4 hours or so.
    2. With a photoshop composite you have a lot of opportunities to put things right - it just takes time. With a photo you are basically stuck with what you shot.
    3. You have infinite opportunities to add, subtract and rearrange images. I actually took quite a lot of stuff out at the end because the image was becoming too crowded.

Anyways it is a great learning experience!

BTW you can see a larger version of the image in my Flickr account (see signature).

• Like Like x 1
  7. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Hi Robbie,

Well done! I think that you should be very proud.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.