1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My First Camera +1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Itchybiscuit, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    I thought I'd share a few pics of the very first camera I ever owned.
    It's a Russian Fed 3 and is built like a T-34 tank. I well remember carting it around in my late teens/early twenties - I still suffer from neck pain. :wink:
    The other is also a recently purchased 'oldie' - my Voigtlander Vito B.
    Both cameras are minty fresh and are a delight to my eye (although beauty IS in the eye, etc...)

Fed 3:
    Fed3inCase.
    Voigtlander Vito B:
    VitoBinCase.
    VoigtlanderwithHood.
    Size Comparison:
    VoigtlanderandFed3sansCases.
    VoigtlanderandFed3sizecomparison.

Having recently purchased them I'm awaiting some decent weather (i.e. NOT raining) before I load them up and take them outside to play. :2thumbs:

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Very cool! I also have a Voigtlander Vito B (1953, I believe) and I love the little guy! I love the hood on yours! Is that case for the hood? I also have a non-Voigtlander, but period-correct external selenium light meter that I mount on the cold shoe when I shoot it...loads of fun!!

I like the Fed too! My first camera was a Smena (sadly, I no longer I have it), with my second being a Zenit 12 XP (still have it!!). I have a few more Soviet cameras, including a Zorki 4K, that I accidentally broke by changing the shutter speed without cocking the shutter first...d'oh!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Aye, it's the case for the hood. I also have the original box for the Vito B along with the lens 'certificate' and a booklet of period Voigtlander 'special lens cleaning tissues'.

My original Fed 3 disappeared during a house move many years ago. I've been looking for a mint and cheap copy for a quite a while and am delighted I found one. I can slap on my KMZ 'Universal' turret viewfinder and go confuse the natives this summer! (is it a bird, is it a plane?) I might need to hire a Sherpa to carry it around 'cos I'm not as young and fit as I once was. :wink:

• Like Like x 1