1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My First Camera +1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Itchybiscuit, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    I thought I'd share a few pics of the very first camera I ever owned.
    It's a Russian Fed 3 and is built like a T-34 tank. I well remember carting it around in my late teens/early twenties - I still suffer from neck pain. :wink:
    The other is also a recently purchased 'oldie' - my Voigtlander Vito B.
    Both cameras are minty fresh and are a delight to my eye (although beauty IS in the eye, etc...)

Fed 3:
    Fed3inCase.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Voigtlander Vito B:
    VitoBinCase.jpg

VoigtlanderwithHood.jpg

Size Comparison:
    VoigtlanderandFed3sansCases.jpg

VoigtlanderandFed3sizecomparison.jpg

Having recently purchased them I'm awaiting some decent weather (i.e. NOT raining) before I load them up and take them outside to play. :2thumbs:

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Very cool! I also have a Voigtlander Vito B (1953, I believe) and I love the little guy! I love the hood on yours! Is that case for the hood? I also have a non-Voigtlander, but period-correct external selenium light meter that I mount on the cold shoe when I shoot it...loads of fun!!

I like the Fed too! My first camera was a Smena (sadly, I no longer I have it), with my second being a Zenit 12 XP (still have it!!). I have a few more Soviet cameras, including a Zorki 4K, that I accidentally broke by changing the shutter speed without cocking the shutter first...d'oh!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Aye, it's the case for the hood. I also have the original box for the Vito B along with the lens 'certificate' and a booklet of period Voigtlander 'special lens cleaning tissues'.

My original Fed 3 disappeared during a house move many years ago. I've been looking for a mint and cheap copy for a quite a while and am delighted I found one. I can slap on my KMZ 'Universal' turret viewfinder and go confuse the natives this summer! (is it a bird, is it a plane?) I might need to hire a Sherpa to carry it around 'cos I'm not as young and fit as I once was. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.