My favourite wreck

Mort

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Llandanwg, near Harlech, Gwynedd, North Wales.

Ive been photographing this boat for around 8 years now.
I fear this may be the last time I get some 'intact' images of the boat itself, the harsh winters on this coastline has taken it out on poor old 'Nemo' the last couple of years.

Mark

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
right on Mark. Brilliant shot!
what were your tools to capture this beauty?

Mort

Mu-43 Regular
Panasonic GF1, 14-45 kit lens, 81b warm filter, nd8 grad and polariser. Slight tweaking of the RAW file, and sharpening to get past the diffraction at f16.

I bought the GF1 to use as a lightweight, go anywhere landscape view camera. Like most digital camera's, if you work around its sensor limitations with use of filters, impressive results can be got from this brilliant little camera.

Mark

Real Name
Nic
Panasonic GF1, 14-45 kit lens, 81b warm filter, nd8 grad and polariser. Slight tweaking of the RAW file, and sharpening to get past the diffraction at f16.
Wow, anything beyond a UV filter is too complicated for me! What was your shutter speed with that filter/aperture combination?

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wrecks are fascinating. I like old abandoned buildings too. Great photo.

Do you have any close up shots of portions of the wreck - the colours and textures could be nice. I bet it would look great in B&W too.

Mort

Mu-43 Regular
Will this do?, until I work on some of the other shots from the day.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mark

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom