My favorite Lens 45mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Robert Evangelista, Jun 20, 2016.

1. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Wonderful images - you certainly know how to make that lens sing!!! They're all excellent but number 2 is stand out. Great composition.

I love the 45 too. I like this focal length and bought a Nocticron (Panasonic 42.5 f1.2). There's no doubting that it beats the lowly 45 in IQ - but not by a lot and since it's about five times the price and four times the weight it really is hard to justify it. I decided to move it on and stick with the 45 and I don't regret it at all. It's quite a remarkable lens for its price.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Reza Travilla
  3. emorgan451

emorgan451 Mu-43 Veteran

I love my 45 1.8 as well! Someone would have to pry it out of my hands for me to get rid of it. It was my second lens for the system and my hands down favorite until I bought the 25mm 1.7. The 25 is so versatile for me, but the 45 is special. I use it for probably 80-90% of shots for newborn and kid/family sessions. I've debated getting the 75, but I'm not sure of the FL and the size is so much bigger than the 45. One of the great aspects is how compact the 45 is!
  4. astrostl

astrostl Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Justin Honold
    I think the O75 f/1.8 is the best representative for MFT: small, relatively inexpensive, speed, reach, quality. Just wish it were weather-sealed :)
  5. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    For me, its the Nocticron ... I don't mind the extra size ... Hell, I love it. I'm sure the f1.8 is great but it can't do f1.4 or f1.2.
  6. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    my favorite lens also I just love it
  7. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    As mentioned in the "something little you love about m43" thread, the O45 is my favourite lens as well. I havent tried many of the more expensive lens in the system but for the price you pay you get a ton if performance.

Lovely pics Robert, I'm sure I've seen some of them on other sites so it's good to have you here as well.
  8. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    There is no doubt it is a fine lens at an accessible price.... it just never has gelled as a focal length with me... I suppose I am an 17 and 75 kind of guy... or maybe i got jaded shooting legacy 50's back in the early days of micro 4/3

Good shots though... particularly the first one

9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    I just couldn't get into the 45mm and recently sold it. My favorite lens is the 75mm. Pure magic. Next is the 12-32mm Lumix because I can put it on a GM1 and the whole kit is the size of a point and shoot.