1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Family (Updated with some Party photos)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iconindustries, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Here is a family group shot taken just the other day. We are busy getting ready for my 21st Birthday party. Here we are pulling apart flowers and making them into corsages (or whatever they're called)

From L-R, Mackenzie, Eden, Grandma, myself leaning, Taylor, Jonah, Tom and Dad. Mum's taking the photo. With 4 brothers and a sister in the house it teaches you good patience, but it would be nothing without them. I love having them around.

If your interested I'll post a few others from the night of the party.

cheerio,
    icon

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882244646/" title="P1060444 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="768" alt="P1060444" /></a>

• Like Like x 7
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Icon, what a nice family snapshot your mother took! I think you'd better start letting her use your camera more often.:biggrin: You're very fortunate to have such a close and loving family and it shows through here, as it does in all of your photographs of family members.

I can't believe you're only going to be 21 years old. Not that that's a baby or anything but to some of us, it's been a long time since we had our twenty first birthdays.:wink:

Please promise to make sure to get more photographs relating to your upcoming birthday - and on the evening itself. By the way, when exactly is your birthday? It sounds as though you're going to have quite the celebration. My daughter is turning 21 this November. From a parent's point of view - how time flies...as we watch our children grow up.

Love your threads, Icon.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Lovely family photo, Icon. I can't get my wife and two kids to look at the camera at the same time without Photoshop, so well done by your mom here!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi Icon, congrats and so you are turning 21. Big Day for you and I am sure your family are equally excited. Yes, you are very fortunate and have a lovely family there. Great shot the family. Treasure what you have.
    Happy Birthday.

ric

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi icon, thanks for sharing and happy birthday - hope you had/have a great party! :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  6. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    A lovely family picture Icon. Hope you have a fantastic 21st. Looking forward to seeing your party pics.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hey Icon,
    I just knew it was an Aussie photo when I saw the daffodils. Happy 21st Birthday. I have very much enjoyed your photos of life on the farm. Hope your family brought you some nice photo gear as a present.
    Cheers
    DUD

• Like Like x 1
  8. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Happy Birthday Icon. Lovely family.

Coincidentally, my eldest is turning 21 on September 6.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    great family photo icon

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    People here seem to like high ISO shots :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I thank you heaps guys for your encouraging comments. Sorry for the delay in getting back. I have had trouble with a app I downloaded on my computer and it screwed up my hardrive so bad I had to reformat it. So that's why I've been out for a bit. All I can say is, what a life saver Time Machine is. Would have been really sad to lose all these wonderful pictures from the night. Although I panicked when I opened up Aperture up and it come up with 'incompatible image format' on a great number of photos. Power of Prayer I think because a little later I had a feeling to delete all the images that were 'incompatible' and then import them back into aperture from the Trash. And you know what! It worked. Aperture was then happy as Larry in displaying the image.

Yeah BBW, although I've heard the older you get the faster time flies.

Haha Amin, well mum doesn't muck around, she's says, OK everyone smile-Click. And we learn to look and smile cause it's too bad if you are looking back through the photo albums and your not looking!

Thanks ricseet. My actual birthday date was a normal work day and it was interesting because that day I was replacing a 700 dollar injector in a Cummins engine. But getting ready for the party afterwards was very busy. Mum wanted to have a photo slideshow of my life to display on the night. So she was very busy taking photos out of the albums and taking another photo of them with my GF1 set up on a tripod. This was a brilliant idea because it was so easy then to put them into iphoto and place them in a book. And the book can be played back as a slideshow. Everyone pitched in helping out with jobs like making name tags and mixing the punch ect. Was fun.

Thanks Brian. I thought it was pretty cool on my birthday i got an email from the forum, saying happy birthday.

Thanks Briar, I really like the picture. Even though it is out of focus at the back but it somehow makes it mean more. First out of focus picture i actually like!

Hey DownUnderDog! Well, yep with some of the money I got as gifts I bought myself a nikkor 50mm 1.8. So I'm looking forward to that arriving today.

Thanks for you wishes Ron. I was thinking last night and I came up with the conclusion that this is probably the best age or time in my life. Lots to anticipate for.

Aye Bill, thanks for your kind words mate.

Hey Joep, the 20mm was wonderful and i had the GF1 limit set to 800. After seeing the images now I can certainly say that mu-43 cameras have no problem in low light if you have a good lens.

Me and my cousin

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4905992108/" title="P1060454 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="P1060454" /></a>

Grandma and Poppa

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882222130/" title="P1060483 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"500" height="375" alt="P1060483" /></a>

The Caterers

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4881654833/" title="P1060482 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="P1060482" /></a>

Aunty with cousin

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4906061620/" title="P1060492 - Version 2 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="P1060492 - Version 2" /></a>

Here's a few other favourites from my D90

Chatting with Friends

a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882013091/" title="DSC_0083 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"640" height="426" alt="DSC_0083" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882310849/" title="DSC_0106 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"426" height="640" alt="DSC_0106" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882032839/" title="DSC_0086 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"500" height="333" alt="DSC_0086" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4882770564/" title="DSC_0168 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"500" height="333" alt="DSC_0168" /></a>

Such a great night and I will remember it forever (helped by the fact I totally lost my voice)

Can't wait to get my Nikkor 50mm 1.8!

• Like Like x 2
  12. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Looks like everyone had a great time - I've been 21 three times now but there is nothing like the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Icon, I'm so happy you were able to repair your computer and save everything! Your party was clearly a great success!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Ron Congrats to you too!
    My two daughters are way pass that and a son each.

cheers

ric

• Like Like x 1
  15. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi Icon, Looks like you had one great party and a great time.

I appreciate what you were going thr with the HD issue. 2 months I lost 1 TB of all my raw files for year 2008 and 2009> Thank God I had the jpegs.

cheers

ric

• Like Like x 1
  16. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Icon,
    Looks like a good time was had by all, and there are a few more 21st's to enjoy with all those siblings,

good on you

Barrie

• Like Like x 1