My exhibition opens tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by goldenlight, Feb 5, 2012.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I'm just about ready for opening day tomorrow. The pictures were hung and numbered last week and a catalogue prepared. Posters are up on community notice boards around town ind in some of the shops. The local paper published a write -up including one of my pictures last week and on Friday I delivered leaflets promoting the exhibition to every shop and business in the High Street. Several weeks ago I emailed details to 17 camera clubs in Essex and I'm using every excuse to mention it on various forums, so I think I've done as much as I can for publicity. I just hope the effort translates into footfall and that the snow doesn't deter potential visitors.

SEE THIS EARLIER THREAD FOR FULL DETAILS. :smile:

• Like Like x 4
  2. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Best of luck.

3. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Hope its a success for you :2thumbs:

4. Good luck, hope it all goes well!

5. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    I wish you the best of luck. I've just had to cancel my first exhibition due to being stitched up by the venue and now have to start from scratch, happy days!

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Very exciting, congratulations John!

7. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Thanks for your good wishes, folks. Tim, I'm really sorry to hear you've had to cancel your exhibition, I know how much planning and work goes in to organizing such an event. Hope you have better luck with a different venue. :smile:

8. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Good luck with the exhibition - hope all your work and preparation pays off.

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  10. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Congratulations and best of luck to you.

11. Timos L

Timos L Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Timos :)
    Congratulations, best of luck ;)

12. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    God luck and Congrats.

13. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    The exhibition opened today, but it was a rather inauspicious opening I'm afraid. Seven people came in. Two of those seven were my wife and daughter, so let's call it five. One of those five was bringing pictures in for the previous exhibition (thinking it was still on) and didn't look at mine, so let's call it four. One of those four barely made it through the door before remarking, in a rather disappointed tone, "Oh, they're all photographs." He beat a hasty retreat without looking, so let's call it three. One of those three admitted she was just killing time in the warm while waiting for her husband, but she did at least look.

One of the remaining two spent a long time studying each picture, making very favourable remarks. He even wrote a nice entry in my visitor's book and bought a ticket for the picture I am raffling. His parting comment was, "I'm going to get all my friends who think they are photographers to come and look at these," which was very complimentary. The last visitor of the day also spent a long time admiring the pictures and chatting with me. He bought a raffle ticket too, and two greeting cards at £1 each!

I'm sure that many would-be visitors were preoccupied by the snow and the town was noticeably quieter than usual but nevertheless I must confess to being a little disappointed. Still, there's a long way to go yet and it can only get better! :rolleyes:

14. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I think that comment would make it worthwhile!
    I was in a local group that had several exhibits over the years and we found offering free food and drink (wine and cheese) swelled the attendance.
    Congratulations on your exhibit!

• Like Like x 1