My equipment is Ready for my trip to London and Dublin !!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by PantelisMor, Apr 25, 2015.

1. PantelisMor

PantelisMor Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    I just pack my bag with my Em1 and my other gear for travelling London for 2 days and Dublin for 5 days.
    Photo 4-25-15, 5 39 45 PM.
    Photo 4-25-15, 5 40 06 PM.

I wonder if i have any problem in the airport to pass my gear. Especially the ND filter (it's a glass) ???

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Sure looks like a decent kit for your visit. Enjoy!!

3. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Norway
    I never had any issues with my glass filters when passing security, after all there is glass in your lenses as well.

Looks like a nice kit you are taking with you.
    Enjoy the trip

4. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    I'm a Dublin man born and bred... here are a few suggestions hoping that you enjoy your stay and people there make you feel very welcome :)

Photo places....
    -Templebar (tourist trap with crazy expensive pints but do it so that you can say that you did it!)
    -Trinity College
    -National Library (they don't really like you taking photo but if you don't use a flash you should be ok).
    -St. Stephens Green area is great for street photography - lots of buskers...
    -St. Stephens Green park is awesome too...
    -Get a Dart out to Howth or Dunlaoghaire - there are some lovely views.

Want a good coffee?
    Coffee in BusyFeet cafe or Metro cafe (literally across the road from it) is really good.

Photogalleries to check out...
    Around temple bar there are some really great photo gallerys - check them out.
    There is a lovely photo gallery at the bottom of St Stephens Green as you walk up towards Andrews street on the left hand side of the road.

Camera issues/something goes bust on your Oly etc..
    conns cameras on clarendon street have great support for mu-43 platform - better I've found than the camera center around the corner.

Good food
    Like kebabs, donners etc.... hit up Zaytoon - it's epic!

Other touristy things to try...
    - Dublin Viking Splash tours - this is great fun. You get to dress up as a viking and randomly scare the crap out of people on the street as you drive by them. Sounds stupid but great fun.

-Glendalough - beautiful walks. Absolute cannon fodder for a photographer. Get a tour bus out here. It's not too far from city center either.

Do you like ice cream?
    - Check out Murphys Ice cream. A family run ice cream shop with the best ice cream that I have test anywhere in the world. You can get weird and wonderful flavours such as 'sea salt' and 'brown bread'. Try it!

Want to grab a good pint and a hear some trad music...
    Devitts on Camden street on a Tuesday has really good trad music and they serve a good pint.

Enjoy your stay in Dublin! Take lots of pics and stay safe.

5. Islesfan91

Islesfan91 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2015
    kilmainham gaol tour, I enjoyed that when we were there last year! we were only in dublin for a little over a day, and I really would have liked to have a lot more time to spend there. great city!