1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review My EPM1 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by WT21, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Mookalafalas

Mookalafalas Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Tainan, Taiwan
    Al
    I bought a refurb for $227 off ebay, with no flash. It's an adorable little camera, and fun to use. I just got a 40-150mm in the mail today, and from my quick initial testing, I find the IBIS works very well. I have a Canon 5D3, so am not sure if I will stay on the m4/3 bandwagon for long...I've just ordered two more lenses for it, so will have 5, but it's striking me as rather silly to have two whole camera systems with lens collections when I'm just an enthusiast, and not rich. I love how tiny and light it is, but the noise at even intermediate ISOs is a problem for me. When I go out in the day for regular shooting, I use my DSLR, so would like this for indoor night time candids, but that's exactly when good high ISO would be most handy.
    Still, it's such a sharp, fun little camera, I am glad I got it and expect to get a lot of use from it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. laogu

laogu New to Mu-43

Sep 24, 2012
    SE Idaho
    Scott
    thanks for this review. It was instrumental in helping me decide to purchase an E-PM1.

-Scott

3. MikeinAlexandria

MikeinAlexandria Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2012
    I have been selling off four thirds stuff because I got an OMD. I decided to sell my E-P1 and E-P3 as well, and got a great deal on a metallic brown E-PM1 body. It should be here this coming week. I plan on using it with my 20mm F 1.7 and 12mm F2 lenses, but I have the 25mm as well and will definitely give it a try!

Thanks for the review.

4. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Just picked up one of these via this m4/3 hint:

https://www.mu-43.com/f89/e-pm1-bodies-109-a-38492/

Even with postage to Germany, less than €170 for a black body. Will be used largely for time-lapse work (I do 400 picture sets, which is what I get out of the battery, and I've got sets of batteries for my EPL1...).

5. wakemare

wakemare Mu-43 Regular

Dec 20, 2018
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Matt
    Haha, old dead thread... but this makes me miss my little EPM1.... like.... a LOT

6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Still have mine.

7. wakemare

wakemare Mu-43 Regular

Dec 20, 2018
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Matt
    dude, i utterly LOVE this little camera for shooting street or totally candid at functions. no one knows you have it. i love it. i may buy one back soon.... i used to just set it up to monochromatic and only B and W, just a little noise reduction in PP and the shots were awesome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.