My EP5 and my 75-300 II - Big Win:)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Mar 25, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Several years ago I badly broke my shoulder, and while it took 2 years to get my full movement back, that shoulder is not as strong as the one I hurt. This week I've sold a Nikon 80-200 and purchased an Oly 75-300 II and a Tamron 70-300 - both lenses have exceeded my expectations.

The Oly has just blown me away ( I do a lot of stuff with my Nikon 300 AFS f4 & 1.4/1.7 TC's. With good technique, I am certainly not that far behind the 300 considering I'm handholding the Oly. This week the sale price meant that I paid just about $100 more for the Oly than I did for either Nikon Teleconverter. Good technique means breathing, relaxing, and not jerking the shutter and using the Zero shutter stock setting and 5 Axis IBIS.

I can see my Panny 14mm with GCW1 and the 75-300 being my hiking setup. I might even take my light tripod and use my android for the shutter release. Next Tuesday I should have a chance for some birding shots, and from what I've seen (used the Tamron on my 7000 not 7100) it should be very close (I'll use the 1.3X crop on the 7100 to get the same effective focal lengths).

I will say that I have custom settings in LR and ACR for each of my lenses and the difference before and after processing can sometimes be very dramatic. But if you are careful and understand your camera and this lens even straight out of camera images are for my copy very good.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1