1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My E-PL1 is like a new machine.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SVENS1, Mar 9, 2014.

1. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    Canada
    Last year Jan. (I think) when I bought my first E-PL1 body, I asked for suggestions regarding a macro lens for taking pictures of jewelry etc.
    The Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm 1:1 Macro m4/3 lens was suggested. looked at all the specs reviews and sample shots, fantastic.
    Only thing it was more than I could spend at the time, and it was 4x the cost what I paid for the body.

So guys suggested the Olympus M.Zuiko 35mm Macro 4/3 with an adapter. I went that route and it really served the purpose.
    The slower auto focus was ok, was used to that since the past point and shoot digitals I had were about that speed.

Yesterday found a Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm 1:1 Macro m4/3 in like new minty condition in the box for a really really good price.
    Hemmed and hawwed about for 15 minutes, the little bird on the shoulder said, you may not get another chance at this price.
    So I bit the bullet, picked it up this morning.
    Wow, smaller than the 4/3 lens first thing I said when I saw it.
    Popped on my E-PL1, nice. Could not believe the auto focus speed. And a few test pictures in macro 1:1 mode and some distance shots later, I was impressed.
    Going to love this lens.................real happy to get it. Going to sell my 35mm macro ato help recoup some of the outlay for the 60mm.