My E-P2 is throwing a hissy fit!

Ian_Holmes

Mu-43 Regular
I've just had a very unusual problem occur with my E-P2. I've been using it with no problems since March and now all of a sudden when I try to download todays pictures to my MacBook Air it doesn't want to talk to the computer. The USB cable is securely connected between the two. Yet the computer won't detect the camera. I doubt its a Mac problem as in addition to this I noticed that the firmware has reset itself to version 1.1
I can't update it to v1.2 because my laptop won't recognise the camera.
Anyone any ideas or is it an Olympus repair job?

Ian

edb

Mu-43 Regular
I'm not a computer expert but I think the latest version for the E-P2 is v1.1

I don't think there is a v1.2

Naturally, I could be wrong but If you had mistakenly downloaded a version for another camera it may have created a problem.

Kapekodder

Mu-43 Regular
Have you tried to transfer the files using a USB card reader. I have always used an inexpensive multi-card type for my transfers. They seem to be quicker and trying one now might help determine if it's the camera(hardware?settings in the menu?) or a computer/ software issue.

Good luck with your E-P2.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I use a card reader always.
You may want to restart the computer.
Then plug in the cord and see if the Mac finds it.

Rudi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Occam's Razor - I'd suspect a faulty cable first, before anything else. It's the most fragile link in the chain! As suggested, get yourself a card reader and use that. If that doesn't work, THEN you have a problem to solve...

e.besana

Mu-43 Regular
I would first suggest verifying the USB port on your MacBook is functional. Maybe try plugging a thumb drive or some other USB device into it.

If the port works, try connecting your camera to another computer to see if the issue is in fact with the camera/cable.

If the other machine can connect to your camera then at least you know there is no hardware problem and that there is probably just some setting on your computer that you need to change.

I'm a pc guy so not to familiar with where to look from this point on. hope you solve the problem -eb

J. Allen

Mu-43 Regular
Don't know about a mac but on my windows computer if I don't tell the computer to remove the hardware it can end up with multiple devices connected to the usb port even though they aren't which leads to recognition problems. Hasn't happened in a while but it does happen.

dbuss

New to Mu-43
It may be your MAC

I get the same thing on my iMac. The computer refuses to recognize my SD card when I put it in the side slot and it refuses to recognize my card reader when I connect it to a USB port. When the computer works properly an SD card icon appears on the screen and iPhoto immediately opens up. Restarting the computer does not help.

Latest threads

Top Bottom