My E-M1 now has same Touch Screen Fosusing as E-M10 & E-M5 ii

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    After a lot of faffing around I have concluded that there could be two lots of E-M1 TS Focusing knocking about.

I have v3 installed and my TS Focusing is not as shown in the manual Page 27.
    Instead it is the same as the E-M10 (manual P28) and the E-M5 Mk ll (manual P25)

I spoke to a UK Olympus engineer who had a E-M1 v3 to hand and his TS Focusing was the same as mine ie as the E-M10 and E-M5 Mkll.
    The engineer assured me that mine was the correct one.

Other E-M1 v3 owners have told me that their TS Focusing is as shown in the manual, page 27.

Does this indicate that possibly there could be more than one v3 around as well.

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
  3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I might be thick and am missing something, but the only real difference i see is the look of some of the icons. Is that what we are talking about or is there something else?

4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    The manuals...EM-1 page 27, EM-5 ii page 25 and EM10 page 28 are NOT the same.

5. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    p25.
    p27.
    p28.

What am I missing here? There's a warning about four thirds lenses on the E-M1 that doesn't appear on the other two however apart from that they look identical as far as the instruction goes. Yes, the page numbers are different and layout is slightly different... however the images and text are identical.

What am I overlooking?

6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    To avoid us all having to dig through manuals, would you care to simply explain the different behaviors you have noticed?