1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Dream Car

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Lawrence A., May 19, 2012.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    No, really. I dream about '56 and '57 Chevies -- red and white or blue and white. They were the first cars I learned to identify in a game of "name that car", as they crested the hill on Pearl Street, Braintree, MA., and my friend, Buddy Mitchell, and I tried to see who could identify the make, model and year the fastest from our perch on a corner wall nearby. Buddy is gone now, and I'm approaching retirement in New Mexico, where I shot this on a stroll this afternoon in Old Town.

For the first time in my life, I used the "vivid" mode setting. Usually I use "muted", so you can see how much seeing a beautiful old Chevy changes everything for me. I'll tell you; it made my day!

The background would be better a bit more defocused in the first shot, but this was right after I saw it, and I was hardly thinking, just reacting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Very pretty car. I can see the attraction. Myself I am into new, but look what I will be working on in a couple of weeks.

Sorry about the I phone picture

7230457532_f16c94a13a_o.
    photo (1) by thomasdekany, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    It's pretty. Hope you enjoy working on it.

For me: I've always had this thing for '55-'57 Chevy's especially '56 and '57.

4. NickLeon

NickLeon Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Somerset UK
    They don't make cars like they used to......

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice car, nice picture and good timing! The colour red suits the style of car to a 'T'

Regarding the fact they don't build em like they used to. Dad had an old Ford XP and 12 years ago we had one of the massivest hail storms ever. In turn a huge pine tree fell on top of the car. Donged the dint in the roof out with a hammer and she was all good again.

This is a scan off an old picture so colours are off.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/7258199706/" title="A scan of Dad's picture showing the strength of the older built cars after a tree fell on top of it during a huge hailstorm by iconindustries, on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="A scan of Dad's picture showing the strength of the older built cars after a tree fell on top of it during a huge hailstorm"></a>

• Like Like x 2
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweet! That is one fine piece of machinery and a fine photo as well. They really don't make them like that anymore . . . :cool:

7. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Nope. I can't tell one from the other any more, but that may well be me. When I was a kid they seemed all so distinctive, but, again, that might be because I was a kid.