My DIY table / skater dolly

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by noflux, Oct 25, 2010.

1. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    I have been thinking of building my own table dolly for use with my e-p1 for quite sometime... and on a rainy weekend i did this:

My DIY mini dolly

I will post some pics of the finished thing soon. It's just waiting for a paint job and a new tripod head.

• Like Like x 1
  2. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Interesting project!

Kind regards from Switzerland - I love Porto... also in the liquid form :smile:

3. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    I was sipping a glass in the afternoon i made the dolly :D ...it inspires

4. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

wow that looks colourful. Although, I'm a bit confused in what you would do with it and I would love to find out. That dolly would rock aye, if you could make it radio controlled!

6. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jackson Miller

Jackson Miller Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2010
    Wow, VERY smooth and professional looking for a DIY build. I much prefer sliders though because you don't usually have a table at least in narrative work, that is also at the right height. However, if you are filming a product on the table for a commercial or something I agree this is a very nice tool. Small range of uses but cheap, fun and makes some interesting camera movements.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.