My Dalliance with Sony.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
I think the issue you had with dust on the sensor compared to the Olympus MFT bodies has more to do with fact that Olympus cleans the sensor everytime the camera is turned on using Ultrasonic vibrations of the senor.

As to you results with the Sony body and adapted lens, I have found the same thing with the Olympus bodies I have shot. They just work much better with lenses designed for the body by the camera manufacture. I don't even buy other brand of lenses that have been designed for the MFT market, they just seem to always be missing something.

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Yes. I would/could/should have been very happy with nothing more than the original E-M5 and those two primes. Very special stuff from Olympus in the "good old days" of this format.

I agree as a former Nikon Shooter, never left the DX format, I started my trip down the MFT road with a Olympus PL1, but went the Original OMD (M5) hit the market I had to have one. I still have that body and have made some amazing images with it. I recently sold all my Nikon gear and used the $ to buy a used M5-MkII for its features the M5 doesn't have Focus peaking being one of them. I am generally happy with the MkII but have to say I really hate the articulated LCD screen. I don't like the way it has to hang out to the side of the body when all I want to do is get a tilt of the screen up or down.

I also think the original M5 had a look to the out of camera images that seems to be missing with the MkII

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom