1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Cousin's newborn girl

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by m1pui, Jan 21, 2013.

1. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    8403226088_17ab15f289_z.
    Annabelle01 by puihungma, on Flickr
    GF1 & PL 45mm@ f2.8 & ISO800

It's a shot that I took because I'd not take any photo's of her. We'd gone to a restaurant for family dinner on Boxing Day (26th December) so was a bit of a manic surroundings. 16 of us, two 4 year olds who were still excited over Santa and a lot of fawning over the new addition (I think she was about 5 weeks old at this point).

I liked it in a "could've been better" type of way. However when I got a print of it and the family saw it they're all smitten with it. Needless to say the praise has miraculously increased my liking of it :biggrin:

Funny how something that you can be very much on the fence about can light up someone else's eyes.

Thanks for looking

• Like Like x 3
  2. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    The hectic surroundings are the best time to take shots of the kids. I always crawl around or squat to get to their level in those situations.

Cute kid though

• Like Like x 1
  3. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I'd usually agree. I've got some great pics from previous Christmas's when they were running around playing with proper toys, but nowadays (where's my flat cap and walking stick...) the are invariably hidden behind the screen of a DS or similar so you don't get much fun shooting them.

We were there for about 3 hours and this was probably the only one I got of one of them not looking down lol

8402327523_02da8be7e7_z.
    BoxingDay18 by puihungma, on Flickr

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very nice! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1