My camera looks tiny...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PaulGiz, Mar 3, 2013.

1. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    ...on my ancient TiltAll tripod.

Works good though. Funny thing the tripod weighs more than my bag with camera, 2 zooms, flash, viewfinder, cards and caps.

Unfortunately there was nothing but swans out today. The world probably doesn't need any more pictures of swans.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    That's exactly what attracted me to mirrorless cameras! :smile:

Btw, which camera/lens is that?

3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Actually that looks quite normal to me. You should see mine on my Gitzo 3541L with Markins 20 and RRS PCL-1-B!

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Looks to me like the E-PL5 with M. Zuiko 40-150....

5. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thinking on that awhile, rather than how tiny the camera looks, I would be more concerned about the moment arm created by that extended lens cantilevered from the camera tripod mount.

I have a Nikkor 500mm Reflex that has its own tripod mount and it works fine with the OMD (with Nikon adapter) on the big Gitzo tripod. Unfortunately most of the Oly and Panny lenses don't have tripod mounts (do they?)

6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    If it is the O40-150mm, then the lens extension is as light as a feather, not heavy at all.

7. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Exactly!!!

Very true. No worries about front heavy. Lens is light, camera has some nice mass. Works fine.

P.

8. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    It looks like my film SLR that I used for 20 years, in other words NORMAL SIZED!

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I just used this combo (assuming that's the VF-2) handheld at the Disney Animal Kingdom. The 40-150 was a great lens in terms of results and weight. For the $99 I paid for it, it was a ridiculous bargain.

10. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    and your point is...?

11. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Point is: no point, I guess. Saw it, looked amusing, snapped a cell phone picture.

Maybe there is a point – Point is: I like it.

Super compact, super lightweight setup with extraordinary IQ and full control.

I guess I'm sharing a bit of happy time.

P.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Nothing wrong with that. I thought there was a question in there somewhere. BTW I like the Tiltalls too. I have two.

13. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    My tripod weighs more than my full camera bag. I would love a carbon fiber tripod, but can't justify the cost. Still, I love my :43: gear! :biggrin: