My camera ate my SD card.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John M Flores, May 12, 2011.

1. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    So I had to use a little extra pulling force to extract the SD card from the GH2. Lo and behold, the upper left corner of the card has been torn away and is now stuck deep in the bowels of the camera.

I can't insert another card completely because the piece that broke off is in the way. Nor can I reach in with a pair of tweezers as the slot is miniscule.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any solutions short of sending the camera in for service?

There's a saying in motorsports that goes something like this - the race is often lost on the failure of a five-cent part (i.e., a loose nut, a cut wire, etc...). That's what I feel like right now...

2. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Or, "for lack of a horseshoe, the horse was lost..."

3. John M Flores

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Can't say I have that problem. I do have a higher capacity battery which is a tight fit which requires forceful persuasion to get it out.

5. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    So are you going to send it in for service?

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi John,

Stop by a family run jewelry store with a watch repairman. He'll have several very tiny little tools for extraction...

If you bring a whole card so that he can see in advance what he's trying to remove... I bet he'll get it right out of there

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  7. John M Flores

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Interesting idea Alan. I may stop by my local jeweler...thx.

8. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    Hope you manage to get it out without having to send it off for to camera repair. Good idea about trying a jewlers