1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My book now published as an ebook for iPad

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by goldenlight, Oct 11, 2012.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I have just published my book, The Light Fantastic, as an ebook for iPad. It is available now from Blurb for just 0.99p and should also be available for the same price through the Apple store within a few weeks.

Blurb link: The Light Fantastic (ebook) | Blurb

img209_forum.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Congrats JOhn..I will buy it when it comes out.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  3. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    excellent stuff John, just made a purchase:biggrin:, looking forward to viewing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very cool.

5. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Scott
    Very nicely done. Please let us know when it's available on in the Apple store. Thanks.

Scott

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the only thing I would ever use one of those goofy "pads" for is aquiring cheap photo books. But that entry fee is awfully high since I have no other use for it. Is your book available as a dead tree version?

7. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    It certainly is, Luke, but at £27.24 for a softback or £33.99 for a hardback it is not cheap! However, it is cheaper than buying an iPad just to download the book!

Here's the link where you can preview the whole book and purchase a copy if you like it: The Light Fantastic | By John Perriment | Category: Fine Art Photography | Blurb UK

• Like Like x 1
  8. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    You should be very proud, nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Congrats, John! I would definitely get a copy when I wrestle the iPad back from my wife!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Congratulations, John. Looks like a beautiful photo book.

• Like Like x 1
  11. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
  12. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    Any plans to publish a version for all of us Andoid tablet users?

13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Pretty cool John. I'd bought a copy from Blurb. How did you get it into the Apple store?

-Ray

14. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Ohhh, that's not something I've considered. I've no idea how to do that so I will have to conduct some research. Thanks.

15. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Thanks Ray. :2thumbs:

When you publish an ebook on Blurb they give you an option of submitting it to the Apple store - if you tick the box they do it for you. The submission has to be approved by Apple before it becomes available and that takes a few weeks. :smile:

16. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Just bought my copy. After a quick thumb through, looks great!! Congrats. The photos are beautiful! Can't wait to read it as well.

17. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Before I use up all my disposal cash on your book, (I am sure it will be worth the investment), any discounts for your fellow forum buds?

Gary

PS- Joking on the discount, I will download a copy today.
    G

18. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Thanks guzziknight and Gary, hope you enjoy it. :smile:

19. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Wonderful book, John! I spent my honeymoon in June in Ireland and Scotland. If you get a chance, check out my pics on my Smugmug page. I'd love your opinion!

20. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Hi Yaniv, thanks for the comment on my book.

You chose some great locations for your honeymoon, as you can guess i love Ireland and Scotland very much myself. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures from the trip and particularly liked the following:-

No 15, for the strong foreground detail on the beach, the sense of space and the mood of the weather closing in.

The sky in particular in No 31, Lough Inagh, is superb.

You got a whole lot of wonderful interior shots at St Giles Cathedral.

I love the sunset, No 57.

No 84, with the sense of motion of Loch Ness in the foreground and the mist rolling down the hills beyond is another great image.

My favourite from the whole set, though, is No 76, with great use of wideangle lens and low viewpoint to relate the foreground rocks to the towering hills behind. It's a fantastic composition and the moody sky really helps give it atmosphere. I would guess this was on Rannoch Moor looking towards Glen Coe.

I'll comment further on your other galleries in the next post. :smile: