1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My Blinged Out Oly....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by magkelly, Dec 15, 2012.

1. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    _IGP2510.

It's not Swarovsky because in the end I decided that removable bling was probably better for now. I'm still thinking I might want silver leather at some point but the leather I found was too thick and I need to find something thinner first. For now just a little craft bling. It looks better in person I think. The stones look more real when it's live. They don't really photograph like they look...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Vajazzle!

• Like Like x 1
  3. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    That's kind of the idea. To make it look so silly that no one will notice that it's far more camera than they think it is. Let them think it's some kind of dumb cheap girl cam from Walmart, all the better. My K-x gets way to much attention of the wrong kind here. This one is my walk around It's just a toy glam cam. :p

4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  5. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    I think mine is prettier, laugh. I wanted to do that actually, use some Swarosky and leather, but doing that can be tricky. It involves a very pungent glue that can damage a camera if it gets in the wrong place and I'm just not that certain I could do it and not mess up my Oly. Putting double stick tape and leather on or a few removable craft baubles is on thing. You do that kind of thing, like they did, it can't be reversed. I may try thinner leather and glue the crystals to that before I put it on the camera with double stick tape though. I want something like this pattern but on some metallic leather with better crystals.

6. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    "Snap". Good one :)

7. d2mini

d2mini Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Fulshear, TX
    dennis
    :rofl:

8. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Awesome

I agree! Yours looks awesome compared to the Swarovski. Really nice work and your photo treatment is great too. My cameras have always been plain and black. I finally decided to get something flashy, so my new E-PL5 is shiny white with silver lenses and VF-2. My wife says it doesn't look "professional"; she has no idea how much that pleases me. It is only a camera, have fun with it. Nice job!

Lee

9. OCULUS

OCULUS Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Albany, NY
    Ray Hull
    Translucence?

Seeing that Swarofsky crystal-pave number, I wonder if using a colored ground (vinyl, leather, maybe even adhesive) and applying clear "gems" would create a translucent effect? Or do you need more light behind the gems?

10. TDP

TDP Guest

Now that's not very nice

11. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    I initially wanted it to say "click" but there wasn't enough room with that size letters. But I like "snap" it works... :)

12. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    What that I want people to disregard it? You have to live here lately to understand. My sleepy southern town has become a cesspool of crime the past few years. It's better that someone thinks that. They might not think I'm worth mugging, I hope...