1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My Blackmagic Pocket Camera Review - Part 1

Discussion in 'Blackmagic Design Cameras' started by Lobbamobba, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    I have decided to split my review in to different parts just because I otherwise dont know if I evrer have time to do the whole thing. I will update this thread when I get more parts done.

In this first short introduction I try to be a bit of a counter weight to many of the other reviewers and bloggers that say that its not usable as it is.
    I se allot of readers that where considering the BMPCC but then say that in that case they will stick with their DSLRs. Problem is that those reviewers forget to point out that they don't think that you can use a DSLR as it is either. Which in my opinion you can, at least I can.
    [video=youtube;Dya15r3dOS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dya15r3dOS0[/video]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Faceinthecrowd

Faceinthecrowd Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks. I had been contemplating this but it looks like too mach work etc. I wonder how the GH3/GX7 compares for video.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Any time :)
    I used a GH3 before I bought the BMCC. I would say they are the same amount of work but much lesser quality from the Panasonic, not in any way bad its exelent its just that the pcketcam is second to none in the size and price range right now.
    But I guess you can use gh3/gx7 for stills as well and its got pretty decent wether sealing.
    The GX7 is almost as pocketable as the bmpcc.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Looking forward to the complete review.

5. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Cool, dont know when part three will be ready since its christmas but hopefully next weekend.