My Bimmer

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by markitos, Jan 25, 2011.

1. markitos

markitos Mu-43 Regular

Dec 9, 2010
    Durham, NC
    Was out taking photos of my son, liked this one of my car:

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Very Nice photo and car.
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Next time before you shoot the car ... wash it. (joking) Nice car ...

I think that dividing the image in half (50% Car and 50% road) .. causes one's mind (in my case was left of it), and eyes to shift from right to left wondering what is the main subject of the photo, car or road. Fortunately, the is car brighter and more reflective than the road and the eyes settle there ... I think the image would communicate "shiny, mean, black BMW" better, had the car been more dominate in the image, either by a different camera position or by cropping a bit on the right (maybe to where the left edge of the road meets the dirt).

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Your eye keep wondering down the road? Mine did at first too. The picture really screams for the background to be really muted with the car vibrant and saturated.
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice shot, I love it. Never seen a road like that before, is it concrete?
    I'm a Bimmer man myself- owning a 318i E30.

I would love to see a side profile shot as well- showing the tradmark BM long front door and front wheel pushed right to the very front of the car. Classic cars.

Just for fun, wouldn't it be fun to stick a girl down the road just a little.:smile: ( photoshop her in)
  6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm not sure what the "correct" shot should be with no formal training, but I like it. To me, I first see the car and enjoy it's lines and then the hood reflection and then mentally drive it down the road to the vanishing point and beyond. I also like the dark and gritty processing.