My "better late than never" intro ;-)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by vincechu, Mar 24, 2010.

1. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Hi everyone,

Before I begin, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Amin and all of the moderators for all of their hard work for creating and maintaining such a special family-like community. With special thanks to Amin for inviting me to join the forum (from getdpi).

Anyway I've just noticed that I have still haven't introduced myself properly, even though I've been a member for a few months now, so here goes :wink:

My name's Vince (full = Vincent Chu), I'm of British nationality but my family is originally from Hong Kong, I live in the UK and I'm currently studying a dual honours degree in Business Management and Human Resource Management.

I've always been interested in photography - I used to take a lot of snap shots with my mobile phone but have always wanted better image quality, but not at the expense of portability... so last November I bumpred into :43: and met my current wife - my Panasonic G1 and we've been together since :wink: though not without problems (had a brief affair with an E-P1 and tried to divorce her last week.... :blush:)

Besides photography, my hobbies include listening and playing music (I play the guitar), watching and playing football (big Manchester United fan :wink:) and finally I'm also into Art, in particularly Pop Art (Lichtenstein and Warhol).

On a random note I love all things retro/old school (explains my affair with E-P1 :blush:) and I really like the look of Lomography :smile:.

Since getting the G1, I've become very interested in Photography as an art from as opposed to just casual snap-shooting and so I've set off on my photography journey and hope to start a Photo A Day blog soon :smile: (currently very busy Spring semester university assignments :frown:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    better late than never , you lead an adventurous life , i love thing antique and vintage too and my ep-1 with adapters affords me the opportunity to try out glass thru the ages

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Thanks :) I'm trying to get my hands on some "old" glass too, hence my posts asking abt CV lense... old lenses look sooo amazing on the E-P1... must control my urges to buy one :dash2: :wink:

by the way I enjoyed your post about leica on my thread "the real poor man's leica", u seemed worried that I might have took it the wrong way but I'm always up for a laugh and joke so don't worry about offending me :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Vince thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself here. I loved the bit about your "wife" and the other woman!

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled around here for more of your photos, too.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Welcome Vince.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Aloha Vince......welcome :th_salute:

R

• Like Like x 1
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Vince, nice to have you here !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Vince¬°¬°:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Vince, welcome and please do make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Vince, thanks for accepting my invitation!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Vince from Nord Amerika!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Thanks everyone :)

On a random note I've just received my Panny 20mm 1.7 today... It's blown me away! such an amazing lens, its making it really hard for me to concentrate on my assignments ;-) can't wait until Monday, when I hand in my assignments and will be free to start my PAD :-D