My "better late than never" intro ;-)

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everyone,

Before I begin, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Amin and all of the moderators for all of their hard work for creating and maintaining such a special family-like community. With special thanks to Amin for inviting me to join the forum (from getdpi).

Anyway I've just noticed that I have still haven't introduced myself properly, even though I've been a member for a few months now, so here goes :wink:

My name's Vince (full = Vincent Chu), I'm of British nationality but my family is originally from Hong Kong, I live in the UK and I'm currently studying a dual honours degree in Business Management and Human Resource Management.

I've always been interested in photography - I used to take a lot of snap shots with my mobile phone but have always wanted better image quality, but not at the expense of portability... so last November I bumpred into :43: and met my current wife - my Panasonic G1 and we've been together since :wink: though not without problems (had a brief affair with an E-P1 and tried to divorce her last week.... :blush:)

Besides photography, my hobbies include listening and playing music (I play the guitar), watching and playing football (big Manchester United fan :wink:) and finally I'm also into Art, in particularly Pop Art (Lichtenstein and Warhol).

On a random note I love all things retro/old school (explains my affair with E-P1 :blush:) and I really like the look of Lomography :smile:.

Since getting the G1, I've become very interested in Photography as an art from as opposed to just casual snap-shooting and so I've set off on my photography journey and hope to start a Photo A Day blog soon :smile: (currently very busy Spring semester university assignments :frown:)

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
better late than never , you lead an adventurous life , i love thing antique and vintage too and my ep-1 with adapters affords me the opportunity to try out glass thru the ages

cheers

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
better late than never , you lead an adventurous life , i love thing antique and vintage too and my ep-1 with adapters affords me the opportunity to try out glass thru the ages

cheers
Thanks :) I'm trying to get my hands on some "old" glass too, hence my posts asking abt CV lense... old lenses look sooo amazing on the E-P1... must control my urges to buy one :dash2: :wink:

by the way I enjoyed your post about leica on my thread "the real poor man's leica", u seemed worried that I might have took it the wrong way but I'm always up for a laugh and joke so don't worry about offending me :wink:

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks everyone :)

On a random note I've just received my Panny 20mm 1.7 today... It's blown me away! such an amazing lens, its making it really hard for me to concentrate on my assignments ;-) can't wait until Monday, when I hand in my assignments and will be free to start my PAD :-D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom