1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My Best Photo Ever / Epic Fall Colors

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by zpierce, Oct 10, 2013.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I captured this on the north shore of Lake Superior, Oberg Mountain near Lutsen, MN on Monday. This is one of my favorite spots on the planet so I was thrilled to score what I personally feel is my best photo to date. I travel here 3-4 times per year to run trail races, hike, photograph. The fall colors are amazing. I caught this in the evening on my EM5 with the Rokinon 7.5mm. That plus a lot of Lightroom time yielded my favorite photo to date!

With that said, feedback is always welcome.

Thanks!
    Zach

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpierce/10197690926/" title="PA070249.jpg by zach.pierce, on Flickr">"1024" height="576" alt="PA070249.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 28
  2. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    Fantastic. Good job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Definitely a great shot - nice work! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. bredman

bredman Mu-43 Veteran

May 30, 2013
    Sherwood Forest
    Pete
    Beautiful image. Well done. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Great shot... wonderful colors and lens flare is awesome. If you are looking for feedback, my only thought would be to capture a little more on the left side so that the lens flare and lake could balance out the image on either third... However, the fact that you even got the tree line and lens flare is awesome, since I probably wouldn't have even thought to include the tree line on the left.

Congratulations and great work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    sensational photo ! capture at the right time and good composition.

• Like Like x 1
  7. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice!

I agree with aukirk but its just fine the way it is.

There is a branch with a single red leaf in center bottom of the frame that caught my eye... but that's being almost too picky.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    W:eek:W

• Like Like x 1
  9. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    Wow, good eye! I will take care of that before I print it large :)

As for the flare, that was a happy coincidence. I couldn't compose any further to the left as it was just dark foreground trees. It would have detracted far more than balancing the composition would have added.

Thanks guys!