My baby is crying or faking (E-PL1)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by vietcam, Mar 20, 2010.

1. vietcam

vietcam Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2010
    Just a couple of my 2 year old girl portraits. Not a happy girl today. Welcome any C&C. This is my very first serious camera so I am eager to learn from anyone. Thanks for looking guys.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Your on the right track. I would suggest you join the Image Quest and also the Picture A Day, PAD. With those 2 commitments to your photography, you'll have a better understanding about what your doing rather fast.
    Plus, ya get to hang out with many other members.....
  3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    your baby I dont think is faking :)

great shots too. for me I always try to get a different angle on whatever im shooting. Like photo no. 1....nice angle, different, it says so much. We all do have "serious" camera's but it ain't the gun..its the shooter. You should join the pad...its fun and the group there is great....

take care,

• Like Like x 1
  4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    that tear is touching real,

sweet sweet little baby....................
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

How could I not love them both - she's beautiful, she's a little tiny girl and she's crying.

The first is atypical - and lovely..the light just catching her tears overflowing and her beautiful dark eyelashes...with the background a blur which is perfect, too. Your second shows how sad she is with her lips turned down... Good work on filling each frame, too.

Don's right - check out those two options for learning - The Quest and the Photo A Day. They are helpful, even when one might not think they are.:wink:

Your daughter is very sweet and I hope was back feeling her happy little childhood self very soon after this!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Viet, The first is one is really cool with the light hitting the tear... The 2nd one on the other hand is a look I know far too well... My daughter is about the same age and she is definitely faking ;)

The shot itself is great focus is spot on..... What a sweet little girl, and I'm sure you caved into whatever she was crying for :)

Don, Pete and BB are right... The PaD will get you on the right track to start thinking outside the box when you shoot.. Which I think you definitely did here... Congrats on the camera and your beautiful little girl.
  7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    great shots!! They sure know how to pull at those
    heart strings.... don't they?