1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My 75 mm has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by htc, Jul 31, 2012.

1. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    My 75 f 1.8 arrived an hour a go and I just want to inform you all that I don't have to take pictures anymore to be happy! For now on it's enough that I just carry that beauty around and occasionally turn the focus ring a bit, just to feel what I already can see. Now it's even big bonus to be fat because that way people can see closer whats attached to my OM-D when it's hanging on my belly ;-)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I'm jealous! Mine's on pre-order and I just keep hoping it'll ship early :biggrin:

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    AH! Super jealous right now.

In the states, no ship date in sight. Strangely some people have been getting their orders from the US Olympus store, but not retailers with not arrival date in sight.

4. tomas

tomas Mu-43 Regular

75mm Shipped

Just received word that B&H has shipped my preordered 75mm. It was ordered May 24

• Like Like x 2
  5. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I didn't get an email- but I checked my order with them and "UPS pending shipment" Yay! 1 month left of summer to click away :redface:

6. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I can only hope Amazon will get some in stock soon too then :2thumbs:

7. Pennington

Pennington Mu-43 Regular

I snagged the last unclaimed one at a shop the morning. FedEx will have it here tomorrow :smile:

Sent from my NookColor using Mu-43 App

8. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Netherlands

That made me laugh .... A lot

I tried the first one they had in Harrison's, Sheffield last week.
    £700 but it did look nice, a lot of glass for the money, but after just buying the OMD I think I have to wait a while or my wife might be up for a divorce.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow,good for you mate. Portraits please, could you post a few for us:)
    I'd love to see some outside with greenery in the background.:thumbup:

10. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Nice to know that B&H pre-orders are trickling in. I didn't preorder mine until July 2, so I've got all the launch day preorders plus quite a few more to be filled before mine. Still, I hope they get to my order relatively soon. What's the deal with Oly and Panasonic's US distribution issues? The E-M5 is at least generally in stock nowadays, but it still can be hard to find from time to time. The GH2 had horrible availability as well.

11. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Hey HTC, where did you get that awesome Harley Davidson model?

12. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    It was part of their catalog in 2008, but I couldn't find it anymore. Even google's memory is short and only thing I found was this:

Amazon.com: Harley Davidson 8-Valve Die-Cast Collectible. New for 2008. Die-cast 1:10 scale model of vintage 8-valve racer motorcycle, features working suspension and drive chain. The frame, gas tank, and engine are all made of full die-cast. Include

But that doesn't help you either. I agree that it's awesome. Keeps me alive in long winter evenings :)

13. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Okay, this was the only "portrait" without going out. Maybe it tells something. I try to find some model to do a bit better portraits ;-)

Attached Files:

14. Iconindustries

Nearly perfect... just needs a person in there now:smile:

15. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    This lens is definitely on my wish list, not sure I'll ever be able to afford it, though. :rolleyes:

16. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Okay, person added. Am I done now? ;-)

This is a part of a serie "father, I'm already late, take that picture and fast".

EDIT: hand held 1/250, f 1.8 and ISO 200, no sharpening

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 19
  17. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Those look really promising! I'm really looking forward to more portraits with this lens :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  18. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I do not need this lens... I do not need this lens... I do not need this lens...

...It's not working...

• Like Like x 1
  19. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Oh sorry, that was me - I was sitting here chanting "hkpzee, you need this lens... you need this lens" at the same time :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Iconindustries

Gosh they're beautiful Mate, wide open as well. Thank your daughter and tell her I think she was the best person to show how good this lens is.:smile:

You can add portraits anytime you like, we won't get tired of seeing them:smile:

• Like Like x 2