1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Just Arrived!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by gryphon1911, Feb 27, 2015.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    About 30 minutes ago, the UPS driver dropped it off.

Quick initial thoughts:

Kind of weird how they have the box inside a box thing. There is a black outer box that covers another black box. Not like the EM1 box, which had a slip cover, but actual interlocking tabs and such. The box itself is huge when compared to the lens contents inside, but that is fine with me as it provides a good layer of protection when shipping.

The provided lens pouch is like nothing I've seen before. The bottom is very padded and the sides are a kind of cloth/padded thing with a draw string to tighten it up. It seems nice - though not sure i will ever use it.

I didn't handle the lens much as it started to hurt my hands because of how cold the metal was. It has been on a delivery truck since 6am here. High temp today was 22F, and by the time it was delivered it was 12F. The little I did do handle it, the zoom and focus rings are buttery smooth. I'm guessing it might even get smoother once it gets to room temp.

Definite use in the winter will require gloves.

The lens hood is nice and is easy to figure out and deploy.

The big thing is the size. Coming from DSLR lenses, this thing is so small and light(I'm used to the Nikon 80-200/2.8 and 300/4).

It's too late to do anything with it image wise tonight, so I'll just make sure all the firmwares are updated and maybe get out tomorrow and test it out.

• Like Like x 1