1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My 1st m4/3 sunset

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by scotttnz, Feb 9, 2012.

1. scotttnz

scotttnz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    GX1 and 14-42 PZ

P1000350.

P1000440.

I can't seem to get Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements 5, and IE 8 to agree on colour, so they might be a bit off.

• Like Like x 9
  2. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Nice cloud formations captured perfectly.

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very impressive Scott. I love the gold in the second picture

4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Very nice indeed, Scott !

If you're facing problem with color restitution between LR, PS and IE, make sure that you are coherent in your Color Space settings (sRGB, adobeRGB or ProPhoto RGB). sRGB is the choice for sharing on the web, adobeRGB might be better if you want to do prints.

C U,
    Rafael

5. scotttnz

scotttnz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Thanks for the comments everyone :)

6. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I like the first picture better, but great shots. Any differences in colors are likely small differences in white balance, and the second photo looks like it has noticeably more of the saturation slider turned up.

7. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Muy bueno! :2thumbs:

8. scotttnz

scotttnz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    The white balance adjustment is the same for both, the difference is in the 5-10 minutes between the photos making the sun lower in the sky, and yes I think I bumped the saturation a tiny bit more on the second one. Both are more saturated in IE than what I saw in Lightroom, which is what i need to fix. I guess I have a bit of reading to do on colour management :mad:

Thanks for your comments.