My 10 Commandments for Makers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, May 21, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  2. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    I agree. Well, maybe number 10 is a bit off for some specific crafts/activities :biggrin:
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Mythbusters is one of my favorite TV shows. Of course, I have no patience when making/repairing stuff so i have to walk away a lot.
  4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I wish I had a fraction of the skills and knowledge those two on Mythbusters have.... a combination of academic and real world application.

Love that show.
  5. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I had a couple of guys working for me that would have bathed in coolant if given the opportunity, I'm still cleaning up that crap everywhere. I strongly disagree with the last statement.

I have the same problem with Mythbusters that I have with the crime scene shows. They will do one test or experiment and "prove" their assertion. Logic doesn't work that way.
  6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Actually, they get lots of fan mail criticising many of their tests and they regularly go back and re-test, taking the criticisms into account. Sometimes the outcomes change, other times they remain the same. I do think that they try to be as fair and honest with their testing as they can be, and admit it when they get it wrong.
  7. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Sometimes yes, sometimes it is predicated on "Can we make this thing explode"? The Robin Hood one is a famous example of how the "proved" something can't be done, yet the intro shows it (Errol Flynn as Robin Hood splitting an arrow).
  8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Love me some mythbusters.