My 10 Commandments for Makers

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Mythbusters is one of my favorite TV shows. Of course, I have no patience when making/repairing stuff so i have to walk away a lot.

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
I had a couple of guys working for me that would have bathed in coolant if given the opportunity, I'm still cleaning up that crap everywhere. I strongly disagree with the last statement.

I have the same problem with Mythbusters that I have with the crime scene shows. They will do one test or experiment and "prove" their assertion. Logic doesn't work that way.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I had a couple of guys working for me that would have bathed in coolant if given the opportunity, I'm still cleaning up that crap everywhere. I strongly disagree with the last statement.

I have the same problem with Mythbusters that I have with the crime scene shows. They will do one test or experiment and "prove" their assertion. Logic doesn't work that way.

Actually, they get lots of fan mail criticising many of their tests and they regularly go back and re-test, taking the criticisms into account. Sometimes the outcomes change, other times they remain the same. I do think that they try to be as fair and honest with their testing as they can be, and admit it when they get it wrong.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Sometimes yes, sometimes it is predicated on "Can we make this thing explode"? The Robin Hood one is a famous example of how the "proved" something can't be done, yet the intro shows it (Errol Flynn as Robin Hood splitting an arrow).

Latest threads

Top Bottom